Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: EPG Channel Navigation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there - I have a question related to navigation of the EPG. I am using XBMC as my front-end for live TV w/ digital cable and have 500+ channels. I am currently using Gotham Beta 4.

I have a questions/request which I haven't been able to find an answer for:

When I bring up the EPG, it would be nice if I can enter in "2-0-0" and it would jump down in the EPG to channel 200 instead of having to page down/scroll to that channel. Is this possible? I've tried this using my keyboard and remote to enter a channel number within the EPG, but it doesn't seem like XBMC will jump to the channel you select in the EPG. The only way to "quickly" navigate the EPG is using the page up/down keys or up/down arrows..

Is there a configuration change needed on my side to enable this? or is the only way to navigate within the EPG to scoll up/down or page up/down?

Thanks!
I have been asking for this for a while, so far no joy.
That's too bad. Having this type of navigation available in XBMC would be very important, in my opinion, for those looking to use XBMC as pure DVR/Live TV replacement - especially with large amount of channels to choose from.

Is there a spot where feature/functionality requests can be submitted to the XBMC development team?