Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Gotham Crashing on Movies Scan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi all,

I've been trying Gotham on my Sony Tablet (newbie's must be shocked this used to only work on the xbox). I've tried an earlier Beta, the RC, and the latest nightly (may2) all crash when scanning the Movies folder. Scanning TV Shows works fine.

I've tried a couple different scrapers, same result. my log is here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=191760

any ideas?
Hi all, I'm shamelessly bumping this thread as I've tried gotham on a few android devices (Sony Tablet and the mx2) and have the same problem with both. I can scrape the TV Shows without fail, but scraping Movies causes a crash.
I'm surprised that no one else seems to have posted this problem.

Does anyone have any thoughts?
Is it only XBMC for Android that crashes on this library? I've seen all versions of XBMC crash on corrupted files before, like a stray jpeg. Maybe there's a file like that which is causing XBMC to freak out for some reason. Check Android FAQ (wiki) for the info on LogCat, since the devs will want to see that too since this was a crash.
Thanks, Gotham on the atv2 works fine. The gbox version (frodo-ish) works fine too, but I want to dump that. Frodo on the sony tab also worked. So it seems to be only gotham on android for me. Just tried the latest beta 13.1.2 and have same problem. I tried deleting the source and re-adding it, but had the same issue.

Log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=207265

Im looking into logcat.
Here is the LogCat data from the opening of XBMC

Text file: LogCat
Excel File: LogCatxls
It's a strange crash inside the firmware's libc.so.
I've never experienced anything similar myself so it's probably very specific to you.

What's the content of "smb://DNS323/Volume_2/Movies" (please provide a full listing by PM).
I made a new folder on my dns323 and moved some files into it. I then delete the original source in xbmc and I made the new folder my new movies source and it scanned fine, so it must be something about my original folder path or a file therein. I'll work on getting a full list.
Hi Guys,

I have exactly the same problem and i use the dlink dns323 nas, too! To test, i scan the movie folder with the tv series scraper it works fine, no crash.. When i scan the movie folder with movie scrapers, xbmc crash.
I removed the subfolders that contained some metadata from my source. The scan works now.
I am experiencing the exact same issue on XBMC 13.1.2 on Android (Ouya). Can scrape my movies folder as TV content all day, but as soon as I scrape as movie content the whole app crashes. I am using SMB to access my content from a DD-WRT NAS. The TV content on the same share works perfectly.
There is no XBMC v13.1.2...
He meant 13.1 b2, I guess...
Aaaah, that makes sense.
For the reporters, same as above, please somehow send us a listing of you dir content.

If you don't provide what we ask for in order to solve the bugs, there no point in "me too"'ing...
For me the problem is the subfolder. ive tested it many times. Without a subfolder, all is good, it doesnt matter(for me) what the files are or how many there are. With one or more subfolders, regardless of their content or even if they are empty, the scan crashes Gotham. I havent sent a file list because, for me, it doesnt matter what the files are. Ive tried all sorts of combos.
Pages: 1 2 3