Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC as nfs ISO mount app
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there!

1st....thanks for XBMC it is GREAT. Nod
I am using a lot of Blu Ray ISO files to play 3D active DLP content to a 3D projector using PDVD 13. Cool
In order for this to work I can not use nfs shares (windows 8.1) Huh
After stumbling over this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=176939 Tongue
I was wondering if it is feasible or indeed doable to let XBMC "mount" the nfs ISO and than pass the data to an external player. Huh
That could be great interim solution until/if full 3d Blu Ray support becomes available in XBMC. Big Grin

Thanks again for allowing us to make suggestions like this.

All the best and God bless

Alfred
sorry, but that's outside the scope of XBMC and won't be added. I'd rather google for a NFS driver or something, or in case you're using a NAS simply switch to SMB if you have a windows environement.
Thank you for your reply!
Yes, I am using SMB and I am very happy with it. Love XBMC and I am always looking to improve performance and efficiency of my Media setup, hence, this suggestion.
Looks like this one was not doable and that is OK.
Just thinking out loud.......by the way, How does XBMC deal with NFS ISO shares (it works really well with linux and windows!!!)

Regards

Alfred
we're shipping XBMC with libnfs to access NFS shares, but the Windows port of that lib is barely maintained and unstable and thus libnfs might be droped on Windows some day. A simple version bump of libnfs f.e. caused in some edge cases a complete whipe out of the library when a user tried to update the library, or like in my case no artwork anywhere over NFS shares. So on windows most stable protocol is SMB, even if NFS is faster.
Ahhh, I see.
Thanks once again for taking the time to explain. Looks like SMB is indeed the better option.
All the best and congratulation on the release of Gotham stable, it looks marvelous.

Regards

Alfred