Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Feature Request] Make "Votes" a number in smartplaylists, not a string.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Currently, the "Votes" variable in smartplaylists is a string, as all you can do is compare it with "is, is not, starts with, ends with, contains, does not contain", and not "greater than" or "lessthan".

This might be great if you want to find a movie that received exactly 54,257 votes, but useless in all other cases.

(clearly this is a bug, but I didn't know where to put it, also exists in Windows version of 13RC1)
Also, manually editing the xsp to use "greaterthan" yields bogus results (ie. It's not just the interface).
It's not a bug. The problem is that we scrape the votes value from different sites and some e.g. provide more than just a simple number which is why it is stored as a string. I agree that it doesn't make any sense for filtering.
Are there any plans to resolve it? Finding "blockbusters" would be a lot easier if it worked correctly (also in finding the things that may need to be re-scraped due to being scraped so early after their initial release)
To be honest I don't know. The problem is that we most likely won't be able to cover all different formats used by scraped sites and then people start complaining about not getting any or even getting wrong information. Not sure if that is better than the few people who want to be able to filter by the number of votes.
(2014-05-04, 21:47)Montellese Wrote: [ -> ]The problem is that we most likely won't be able to cover all different formats used by scraped sites

Wouldn't it be up to the scrapers to properly parse it -before- handing it off?
(2014-05-04, 21:55)sialivi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-05-04, 21:47)Montellese Wrote: [ -> ]The problem is that we most likely won't be able to cover all different formats used by scraped sites

Wouldn't it be up to the scrapers to properly parse it -before- handing it off?

Ideally yes but that would mean breaking backwards compatibility of all scrapers. Therefore it is better to be able to handle this in XBMC as well if a scraper doesn't support it yet.
We did something like this for the movie runtime but there we have a more or less well defined set of strings to parse like "120 min", "1h 45min" etc which is not necessarily the case for votes.