Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: More MKA feature support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

playing MKA file works well with several codecs and with both players included. It would be nice to have a support for

- chapters -> forward chapter, rewind chapter to navigate thru whole audio cd ripped in one mka file
- tags

Rgds Sandmann
you can find basic support for both in my fork at https://github.com/notspiff/xbmc-cmake
I completely agree with JHSandmann.
Mka support is very important
Bye,
sdf
@sdfg it's important to you, I never heard of it and thus it's absolutely unimportant to me. You second the request and this is fine, but please don't claim it's important.

General note to all readers: Guys please stop the "feature X is sooooo important for XBMC, it's a MUST HAVE, XBMC is crap without it, blah blah" talk in feature requests. It all depends on personal preferences if things are "important" to one or not - claiming so doesn't change the personal preferences of others and is just annoying. Request features, show us the benefit of the feature (in case it's not that obvious) and devs decide if they are interested in implementing it or not. You may also show your interest and +1 a request in one way or another, but please stop the "this is a must have" and "it's so important" talk - it's annoying.
The main reason I have requested this in the past (see: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=138866), is that it would enable us to add various multichannel audio files to the library, formats that doesn't natively support tags (such as .dts, .ac3, .mlp, .aob and dts wav). At the moment we have to transcode such codecs before being able to add them to the library.
(2014-05-03, 16:15)da-anda Wrote: [ -> ]@sdfg it's important to you, I never heard of it and thus it's absolutely unimportant to me. You second the request and this is fine, but please don't claim it's important.
General note to all readers: Guys please stop the "feature X is sooooo important for XBMC, it's a MUST HAVE, XBMC is crap without it, blah blah" talk in feature requests. It all depends on personal preferences if things are "important" to one or not - claiming so doesn't change the personal preferences of others and is just annoying. Request features, show us the benefit of the feature (in case it's not that obvious) and devs decide if they are interested in implementing it or not. You may also show your interest and +1 a request in one way or another, but please stop the "this is a must have" and "it's so important" talk - it's annoying.
@da-anda
I don't want to be polemic, but every one who participated to this thread can confirm that this feature is important.
If you never heard about it, and before replying to me you even didn't googled of it to try to understand the reason why was important (for us), I think it's useless to explain it to you.
It's obvious that xbmc has so many features (video, audio pvr, etc) that everyone can't be interested in all of them.
But if I see a thread regarding something I don't care, I think (it's only my opinion) it doesn't help posting like you did.
Everyone here is trying to make xbmc even better and better, so before replying in that way (as you did), I think it's always better trying to know and understand something that you don't know (yet), maybe it could be something that if useful for you, too.
Otherwise, if you see a thread that talks about something you don't know (or you're not interested in), don't partecipate to it. It's simple.
But please, don't take me wrong, I don't want to argue with you.
It was only that the benefit of the feature (for us) was really obvious.
Hope you understand the real meaning of my words.
It's not my intention to offend you.
Bye,
sdf
@sdfg sorry if I came off a bit wrong to you. I didn't mean to offend or anything. I'm also not against this feature. I'm just so annoyed by all those "hell yes, this is so important(!!!!!!!) to add and XBMC is crap without" comments in every second feature request. Are those features desired to have? Yes. Should they be in? In most cases yes. Are they really so important that XBMC can't live without them and one can claim them "important"? No.

In short: I just don't like the word "important" used in feature requests as it's only a personal opinion devs don't care about - nothing against the request/feature in itself.
@da-anda
thank you for your polite answer
I understand your point of you
Bye,
sdf

(2014-05-05, 12:53)sdfg Wrote: [ -> ]I understand your point of you
Sorry my mistake typing
was
point of view