Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Episodic Bookmarks?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The blog post for the Gotham release points out the addition of "episodic bookmarks", as in being able to choose episode 2 or 3 from a multi-episode video file in the library.

However, I am unable to find any documentation in the wiki covering this - save for "future Gotham feature" info. Are we supposed to access this feature by modifying .nfos? A fairly cumbersome process to the average user, for sure. I didn't see anything to differentiate the "episodic" from regular bookmarks in the video OSD dialog.
So, anyone using these, and how are the episodic bookmarks set?
When you have a file that is seen as being more than one episode you should see an "episode bookmark" button in the bookmarks menu. Basically, just find when the additional episode starts, pause, add it as an episode bookmark, and then XBMC will ask which episode number it is.
What is the criteria for being seen as more than one episode? I have several files that are multi-episodes, but I have yet to see the "episode bookmark" option.
If the video file is named that way: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Nam...ti-episode

I've also updated the Bookmarks (wiki) wiki page with instructions on how to set episode bookmarks. Let me know if any of it isn't clear or could be improved.
Very clear instructions. Thank you. However, this just doesn't seem to be working for me.

At first I thought it might be my naming convention. I started with: The Borgias.S01E01_02.The Poisoned Chalice.xxx
Changed it to: The Borgias.S01E01_S01E02.The Poisoned Chalice.xxx
And then: The Borgias.S01E01_S01E02.xxx

With each change, I scanned and cleaned library, making sure with the info screen that the correct file is scanned in. But at no time did the "episode bookmark" button appear in the bookmark dialog.

I don't know if the log will help, but here it is:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=195526

The bookmarks OSD actions start at line 2533.
Very weird. I'm not sure why it wouldn't work in your case.
I had the same issue, but I think it might be down to the skin you're using not being fully compatible with Gotham yet. I was using Xperience1080 and did not get the option, so tried switching back to confluence. Soon as I did that, the option appeared.

Hope that helps!!! Smile
(2014-05-11, 09:34)Kazuya_UK Wrote: [ -> ]I had the same issue, but I think it might be down to the skin you're using not being fully compatible with Gotham yet. I was using Xperience1080 and did not get the option, so tried switching back to confluence. Soon as I did that, the option appeared.

Hope that helps!!! Smile

Hey, good call!

It turns out it was an Aeon MQ5 issue. Switching to Confluence revealed the button for episode bookmarks. Thanks!

Now onto the MQ5 thread...