Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: customizing XBMC on windows 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got XBMC on my NUC setup, things play great after adding a directory to the videos area.

I use sickbeard for TV shows, is there a nice way to view them with an addon, or should I just stick to playing them directly?

Is there a way to remap my rosewell MCE green button to start XBMC?

Is there a way for XBMC to put the computer to sleep after 10 minutes of idle?

Is there a nice way to get netflix working in XBMC? From what I have seen nothing nice exists yet.... like just an addon.

Are there any addons I should get for my movie directories that makes viewing videos better then just directory structure?
Sounds to me like you haven't added your videos to the library I suggest you look at that first.
(2014-05-06, 18:24)Metallifux Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds to me like you haven't added your videos to the library I suggest you look at that first.

I have done that, everything plays a-ok... I was just wondering if there was a pretty view or something? I am more curious about making my sickbeard TV recordings setup nicely.... like a DVR, so you can view the videos and delete when done.
(2014-05-06, 16:44)vivithemage Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to remap my rosewell MCE green button to start XBMC?

Is there a way for XBMC to put the computer to sleep after 10 minutes of idle?

Are there any addons I should get for my movie directories that makes viewing videos better then just directory structure?

1. It is possible. Use the mcemapper tool in my signature, change the green button to send a key combination like Win+Alt+X. Set this as shortcut key in the desktop link to xbmc.

2. Use the timer function and set the shutdown action to Suspend (Settings > System > Power Saving).

3. Use a skin like aeon nox and use artwork downloader.
thanks baijuxavior!

I am trying to use aeon nox and MQ5, but when I go to movies or TV I cannot add my source, it makes me browse to it every time. How can I add a new source as a default directory? It also looks like the light weight version of AON does not have very good display options, where MQ5 lets you do the nice display/categories. Is this a gotham/13.0 thing?
Try Aeon Nox 4.1.9 http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=185290

To add source, Videos > Files > Add Videos > Select the folder containing movies. Use Universal scraper to scrape the movies.
That skin is loads better, thanks.

Can I not use the Movies widget to load my movies? Is there an addon/widget that displays downloaded TV shows nicely? I see this skin has a TV shows widget, but it too does not show, or let me add a source directory.

Where/what is this universal scraper?
Videos > Files > Add Videos > Select the folder containing TV Shows and set the content as TV Shows.
aweeeeeeeeeesome, thanks a lot! I am all squared away Smile