Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Video chapters navigation in Gotham
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How can I navigate through video chapters in Gotham? Skip and Replay buttons on ir control now lead to next or previous files.
I think it's due to changes in keymaps:
in Frodo SkipNext - "Skip to next chapter in video. If no chapters, then skip to next video in playlist.
Added in v13 Gotham: Skip to next video in playlist."
Do you use a custom keymap file? If so, you'll need to update it with ChapterOrBigStepForward and ChapterOrBigStepBack.
(2014-05-06, 23:23)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Do you use a custom keymap file?
No, I don't. All files are original and I've completely uninstalled 12.3 before Gotham setup.
I watch movies in "files" mode, not adding them into the library. Pressing Next or Previous screen buttons via mouse also starts playing new file instead of chapter.
Can you get us a debug log (wiki) of when this happens?
Did you press next or previous buttons when that log was recording? I don't see any keypresses recorded like that.
Of course I did. I pressed OSD Next button by left-click of a mouse while playing 1st file, then xbmc started playing 2nd file. Then I pressed Next button by left-click once more, gotham stopped playing because it was the last file in the folder. All two files are mkvs with chapters, that can be correctly navigated in 12.3.

Upd:
I found the reason:
in Video Settings - Playback I use "play the next video automatically" option. It makes 13.0 skip chapters and play next file. I turned it off and got chapters navigation. But now there's no playing next videos Sad
In 12.3 it worked fine: xbmc played all chapters one by one, and then automatically played next video file.

So how to make Gotham work this way?
Ah, you're using a mouse and clicking on the on-screen-display buttons. I guess those buttons were not updated when the chapter actions where modified.

I don't know much about skinning, and I don't know what negative side effects this may or may not have, but you could try throwing this modified VideoOSD.xml file as a temp fix: http://pastebin.com/Y0MA3tmt

Put that in C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence\720p\
I use a mouse and use a MCE remote, the result is the same.
Thanks for a skin, I'll try it.

Upd:
It doesn't work, video freezes, osd isn't showed.