Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Library not showing up when clicking Music Tab
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I click on the Music tab from the main menu, it brings me straight to the Files section. My overall goal is to create some playlists, however I can't get to playlists because I can't see my library. When I hover over the Music tab, only Files and Add-ons show up. I have attached a picture that shows my home screen as well as what happens when I click the Music Tab. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

XBMC Version 13.0
Windows 8.1 x64
Left hand sidebar menu -> library mode
The user has no music library as things are. If you're supposed to, grab a Debug Log.
jmarshall,
I uploaded the Debug Log. #195323. I'm not entirely sure what it's supposed to tell me. As for your comment about users not having a music library at the moment, I'm unsure of your meaning. Could you please elaborate?

Ned Scott,
Library Mode is grayed out and non-selectable. Is there a setting that needs to be changed to allow for Library Mode?

Thank you for your help.
That's not a Debug Log (read the link - enable debug logging).

You don't have any music scanned into XBMC's library. If you're knew to XBMC, you need to add your music (in music -> files) then scan it in. You can do this from the context menu (C on the keyboard).
I have the same problem as described here. I can't provide with a debug log at the moment, but I do want to make a post to notice that there might be other users with this problem.

A bit more info that might help catching the issue:

I had a functioning music library on Frodo, properly displaying in library mode.

After updating to Gotham, I could see the library was just fine, but it asked me to "rescan" the content. After rescanning is when I observed this issue. The lirary looks empty, I can't change the view (stuck in List), and I also get the grayed out libary mode option.

However, via submenu (I'm using Aeon nox 5) I could force it into going to libray mode, but then all I can see is ".."

The weird thing is that I have the setting to show random music fanart for the Music menu. That works, the fanart for different artists does show. I'm no expert, but this seems to indicate that the library IS actually there.

I have tried cleaning the library and marking the source as default again, but did not help. I'm thinking of just rebuilding from scratch again, it's not big deal.

PS: I wrote a post earlier this morning but I think it didn't get through.I hope I'm not duplicating.
I had music added to XBMC, however, I didn't have it scanned in. Once I scanned the music in, I was able to access the music library. Thank you for help.
Botafuco, I also lost my music library when I updated to Gotham (Windows 7). It showed albums, but nothing in them. Re-scanned. I noticed that although artist Fanart does not display, it is still in the database. I have to select artist info for each artist, fanart, then choose it.

However, I have been reluctant to post anything about it since I may have messed around with the DB during my last update, can't remember.

I suggest for upgraders, exporting the music library before upgrade, then its available for importing if needed.