Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Video not playing on Gotham
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys,

I've recently installed a fresh copy of Gotham but I can't play any video. I select a video but I just get a black screen. Debug log below. Any ideas?

Log
Please do not post logs in the forum, use pastebin or alike.
Updated logs link :-)
Code:
CAMLCodec::OpenDecoder codec init failed, ret=0x1000008

@davilla Wrong permissions?
Any idea on this on? Would love to have it up and running by the weekend :-)
log was cut, so I can't see which aml device. check permissions in /dev/am*
What should they be? Looking at all the am* files they are either Owner RW or Owner/Group/Other RW.

My device is a Generic MX box. Like the Matricom MX2
OK cool, I'll set later. Is this just for Gotham? It worked OK on Frodo.
Frodo worked differently.
I have the very same problem on my for TV Android device. I tried tinkering in the settings and I unchecked in video settings>TV Stream - "play video in minimized window" (something like that) and it worked! Finally the black screen was gone and actual video played. BUT then after I turned off the device and turned in on again later it didn't work anymore.

What should I do? Can you recommend me some older but better working version?

Also I downloaded mostly to watch "The Daily Show" but it only worked first time (with no picture that is) but then whenever I click on it it's just loading endlessly (sometimes endless loading even transcends on other video-addons) or I get "script error message".
I've checked the permissions and it still doesn't work. Don't want to spend too much time on this so I've gone back to Frodo 12.0

I'll probably wait for the next version before I upgrade again.
Can I just ask where do you find older versions of XBMC? Just yesterday I managed to stumble on that page but can't find it anymore.
Thanks! But now I have a problem with video and audio being out of sync.
Pages: 1 2