Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Closing down XBMC problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there

the problem I have is I cant use the shutdown menu

exit
power off system
custom shut down timer
suspend
hibernate
reboot

everything just freezes and I have to use task manager to close it down . im using 13.0 Gotham (the reissued version from 5th may)

Thanks in advance
Stuart
Wait until the application closes by itself. In most cases the freezing may be due to addons not closing. Check debug log (wiki)
Thanks for replying Baijuxavior

thought I was being a bit inpatient so I left it over 2 hours a few days ago this problem only started a few weeks ago. do I enable debug in settings?

regards in advance
Stuart
Yes enable debug in settings and check the log with a text editor to what is holding the exit up.... usually a 3rd party add-on is waiting forever for a server that is no longer in existence Remove the add-on or appeal to the author for a fix. Some times time outs will delay shutdown for 10-20 seconds, in slow systems I've seen up to a minute, after that... you have a hung program.

Shutdown options trigger the O/S commands. So things like hibernate, reboot, re-start are triggering your own external batch files or O/S commands. Check in settings as to what each icon is calling.
Thanks PatK

Yeah I deffo think its a hung up program ill have a look im relatively new to the scene so if I upload a log file will someone with experience have a look for me?

regards
Stuart
(2014-05-07, 20:12)stuart1976 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I deffo think its a hung up program ill have a look im relatively new to the scene so if I upload a log file will someone with experience have a look for me?
As per a proper debug posted to a pastbin and then linked back... Look this over http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708
Have you enabled uPnP or Web Services? If so, try disabling them and see whether the problem persists.. I had this issue with the RC1 and haven't tried re-enabling them since.
Hello guys I seem to have sorted it PatK you were right there was a third party addon keeping it from closing I deleted it and every thing working as it should now

appreciate you guys taking time out to reply

Regards
Stuart