Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: xbmc 13 downloaded on 7 May has problems with video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I am new to XBMC and HTPC topic.Till now I was using streamer, few days ago I bought Intel NUC i5 (Win7 64 bit proffessional, 8 GB RAM).

When watching content (720P or 1080P) after about 30 minutes from time to time there are some problems with the video. It get stuck for very short time or becomes slow. Stopping and starting the video fixes the problem for another 30 minutes and then again. I did not change any default configurations, I only changed the audio to pass-though because I have a receiver. If I watch the same content using my old streamer no problems are observed.

I would appreciate any suggestions on this matter, maybe it is configuration issue.

Thanks,
Yevgeny
Is it the same issue with all content?

Please try a few different movies/series
Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I observe this issue with all content. The same content does not have such issues if played with VLC.

I enabled debugging and viewed an episode ~12 minutes from beginning. At about 41:30-41:40 I saw this problem. I returned the video few minutes back, pressed pause and then resume and played it again. The problem did not reproduce. I have a log of this scenario.

How can I attach it here?

Thanks,
Yevgeny
Paste the log to 'pastebin' or one of the other pastebin sites out there and add link to it here.
Hi,

Please refer to the following link:
http://pastebin.com/UGCitstT

Thanks,
Yevgeny
Hi,

It would be great if someone could look at the logs I attached. I have no idea how to proceed with this issue.

Thanks a lot,
Yevgeny
I got no response for my issue although I've provided log and my system detailed description. This SW has very cool features, but it does not help if I cannot watch a movie in a good quality. I'll continue using VLC ,,,
try the 13.1 beta 1 version
thank you for your reply, I will try it.
I am having a similar issue on Rapsberry PI using OpenElec 4.0.1 and 4.0.2. Randomly during playback, the video & audio cuts out for a split second. Playback continues during the cut, because sometimes it may be long enough to miss a word or two. I've tried both using local audio processing and pass-through to my receiver and the issue repeats itself. This wasn't an issue on Frodo.

I'll try to capture a log to paste online, but I wanted to see if anyone else has run into this or has suggestions?
Hi,

It seems that the original problem reported in this thread is not reproduced with 13.1 beta 1 version. But there other issues:
1) Resume functionality many time do not work. I start watching a movie, stop, sometimes there is no option to resume watching where it was stopped last time.
2) I added new location to XBMC suddenly for this location the audio pass through stopped working. Old locations were working fine, content in new location did not. Restarting XBMC did not solve it. It was few days ago, today I turned on my NUC and it is working again.

Thanks,
Yevgeny
1) totally depends on when you stop it
2) you need to set audio in settings.
Regarding issue 1, could you please elaborate? It seems to me that if I stop watching a video. I should be able to resume at the point I stopped.

Regarding issue 2, the settings were correct I rechecked them. The movie in old location was performing passthrough as expeceted. Are there specific actions needed when new location is added?

Thanks a lot,
Yevgeny
Hi,

Issue 2 reproduced again. I added new content (tv series) to existing location, and passthrough does not work. The same files work great with vlc. With the same configuration on xbmc other content works great. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Yevgeny
Output of mediainfo on file that doesn't pass through please. And debug log from start up of xbmc to the point where this occurs.