Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Gotham problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Upgraded to Gotham stable release using ubuntu 14.04--couple of problems/questions...

1) What is the correct/best setting for a receiver capable of decoding DTS and DD as well as Dolby TrueHD and DD+, dts-HD and dts-HR? Pass through? Currently have pavucontrol set up to pass through.

2) music library is no longer correct--everything in frodo was correctly alphabetized...some random music files have seemed to lose artist info and are incorrectly at the front of the queue when they should be alphabetized correctly. Are music tags read differently with gotham v frodo?

Thanks for any help!
1) Check out the new Gotham audio section of the wiki: audio (wiki)

2) not sure. I don't see any change when I look at my little test library of music between v12 and v13.
no HD audio passthrough with pulse you'll need to switch to plain alsa
RE: #2...all of the files in question had "musicbrainz" tags in addition to ID3v2 tags...possible bug? Anyway, I got rid of the musicbrainz tag info and they sorted correctly in Gotham as they had in Frodo. Also noted that PA player would not play the few AAC files that I have and I had to switch to DVD player in order to play these files...

Is there a good guide on how to switch to alsa since it seems that would be better for my needs?...
Read PulseAudio (wiki)
I have read the pulseaudio guide and set my system up accordingly (i.e. 5.1 settings, have a receiver capable of decoding Hd audio as well as DD, DTS, etc.

2 issues however:

1) with these settings, my receiver always reads "multi channel in" (e.g. DTS source content still is "multi channel in" & even 2-channel sources (e.g. music files) on "stereo" setting are being sent to the receiver as 5.1 content.

2) PA player won't play my AAC files, just rapidly scrolls top to bottom down a list of songs then stops.