Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Audio configuration problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Huh I am having some trouble figuring out the audio for XBMC. I am running Windows 8 on a Zotac Zbox with Nvidia GForce GT430.

Here's the skinny. I have the HDMI coming from the zbox into the Samsung Flatscreen. From the Flatscreen then I have an optical digital audio out cable going into the AV Receiver.

When I'm in Windows everything works fine through the players. But when I open XBMC I'm having issues with the audio configuration. The only way I seem to be able to make it work is if I choose Analog as the audio output and the audio output device is the HDMI Samsung. If I change the Analog to HDMI or Optical the video playback is a chopped mess.

What am I doing wrong?
Sounds like you've installed one of the old version 12 Frodo builds, please use the latest version 13 Gotham.

As for your problem, your TV is unlikely to support passthrough of surround sound formats like Dolby Digital which is why Analog works, so nothing is wrong however if you want us to confirm then post a log_file (wiki)
Ah! Brilliant. Thanks for letting me know about the update. That cleared it all up. One thing to set.... boom. Much easier. Thanks XBMC!