Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Gotham music smart playlists not working properly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm really hoping someone can help me with this as I love my music playlists in XBMC and use them all the time but unfortunately I guess its some adjustments they have made in Gotham which has caused me a fair amount of problems with getting them to work.

I understand that old playlists made in Frodo no longer work so have deleted them but then when setting up the new smart playlists in exactly the same way they will not work.

What I am trying to do is have a "song" smart playlist that brings up random songs and the rule that I use is "album artists". In Frodo this would work fine with no problems but in Gotham it decides that nothing is in the playlist.
I have tried playing around with it to see where the issue lied and have found if I change the playlist to an "artist" one it works but then that is just bringing up the artists and not random tracks the way it used to and how i want it. I can change it back to a "song" playlist and change the rule to "album" and it work but then i have to sift through a very large amount of albums to try and select everything I want which is very impractical.

Can anyone tell me if im missing something or have they currently messed this up?

I really dont want to revert back to Frodo as I love the other adjustments and everything but what with how much i use the playlists im starting to think i may have to if i cant find a solution to this.

Many many thanks in advance!! Smile
As far as I know, Frodo smart playlists should work just fine in Gotham, and no major changes have been done that would cause a Frodo playlist to not work in Gotham. I'm not sure what the issue here is or how to best troubleshoot it, though.
Very odd then as originally i did try my old playlists and they wouldnt do anything after updating to Gotham. I'm using Aeon Nox 4.1.9 and in that you can have a playlist start during startup which unfortunately once changed over to Gotham it didnt. Then when i tried to open the playlists manually they literally did nothing.

Playing around with it a little more it seems its just "album artists" which is the field that doesnt work any longer but frustratingly for me thats the one i always use! Any ideas as all the other options work its just if you select "album artists" as the rule.

I can work around it by using the "artists" rule but I have probably around 1000 artists as apposed to 50 album artists so once again very very time consuming when editing or making new ones.

Many thanks,
Rob
Just realized once ive selected the artists from the album artist list i can then change the rule over to "artists" and it doesnt lose what ive selected. There's obviously an issue there but it only takes a few seconds extra doing this and in doing so it then works! Smile
What exactly are you trying? Please give details of how you setup the playlist in XBMC.

In addition, please pastebin the .xsp file (in userdata/playlists/music) that corresponds to the playlist, and a Debug Log of you opening the playlist.

Thanks!
Hi Jmarshall,

Ive found an easy work around but if you try and have a "song" smart playlist and then the rule is "album artist" it doesnt seem to think there's anything in the playlist hence why it will not respond. All the other rules seem to work OK so ive been selecting the artists when "album artist" is the rule to cut down the huge list i have or random artists and then changing the rule over to artist which then solves the problem. (Hope that makes sense!)

.xsp file - http://pastebin.com/zFqqmY8W

Here's the debug log but unfortunately as it wont open I dont think it will show you much of any help. The only way it responds is if you try opening it in party mode but then it says there's nothing in there. http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=196798
Thanks - the Debug Log is most useful. Looks like the query screws up by not including the songview or some such. Will investigate.
Seems like songviewidAlbum is wrong (at least in the log?) Probably should be songview.idAlbum

Looking at SmartPlayList.cpp line 709 I know nothing of C++ but I think maybe should be

Code:
query = negate + " EXISTS (SELECT 1 FROM album_artist, artist WHERE album_artist.idAlbum = " + table + ".idAlbum AND album_artist.idArtist = artist.idArtist AND artist.strArtist" + parameter + ")";

scott s.
Yeah, that's a start at least Smile
Fixed in revision 88d93355f. This will be backported to Gotham, so expect it fixed in 13.1 Beta1 (should be out in the next couple days).

Thanks for the report!
Jonathan
Brilliant, nice one Smile