Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Widget for Mac OS X users
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
andy herbert has created an xbmc widget that enables os-x users to drag and drop links onto the widget, which then gets played back on an internet connected xbox running xbmc.

check it out

here

thanks andy!
i don't get it... i've dropped a .m3u file onto the widget after having set up the webserver in xbmc, and putting the right ip address and port into the widget's settings... so, now what's supposed to happen? the music's just supposed to start coming out of the xbox's audio?

biggie!
how am i supposed to drag an url on to the widget anyway? grabbing it from safari and draggin it onto the dashboard icon in the dock won't open the dashboard for me..?? :help:

well that part's easy.

drag it off safari, and while you're still holding it, press the hotkey to bring up the dock (for me it's f8, you can set it up in the system prefs), and then drop it onto the widget.

what i don't understand is how this thing is supposed to make my xbox play a stream.

-biggie!
"work" <- simple. it contacts xbmcs build-in webserver.
note: haven't tried it yet.
so now mac users who are using firefox (myself included) have to choose between the firefox extension or the widget. decisions, decisions, i think i will go both, goes with the thinking that made me choose to use mac os x, windows, and linux.
i downloaded this widget a few days ago and i was having trouble getting it to do anything on xbmc. i dragged the link to the widget and xbmc did nothing. i decided to grab the latest cvs build and try it there, and it worked. so it might be worth while to get the latest and greatest. also, make sure you set the settings of the widget.

hope that helps those that are having trouble
you mean the latest cvs build of xbmc?

-biggie!
is there a version for windows?
is there dashboard for windows?

i guess that would require mac os x for windows.

so no, there isn't a dashboard widget for windows.

-biggie!
(bigyellow @ may 07 2006,04:27 Wrote:is there dashboard for windows?

-biggie!
well would it be possible to get the wiget to work with opera 9 beta or some other wiget engine?
BigYellow Wrote:is there dashboard for windows?

-biggie!

He probably meant Yahoo! Widget Engine, formerly the Konfabulator. And yes, it would be nice to get a similar widget on that.
Anyone have a link? That site no longer works
There's now a new version of the widget

http://homepage.mac.com/andy.herbert/xbmcwidget.html

New features:
- Controls on the widget to stop, play/pause, go to previous/next in playlist.
- You can now password protect your XBMC web-server, and the widget will still be able to access it.
- The widget can now tell XBMC to displays pictures, as well as audio and video.
- Dragging a bunch of picture links on to the widget will tell the XBMC web server to display each picture as a slideshow.
- You can now drag and drop files held locally on your Mac (such as files you've got on your desktop) on to the widget, and they will play back as long as you have "Windows File Sharing" enabled in OS X (see web-page for more info).
Yeah would nice to get a working link, looks like his .mac account has expired. Anyone care to host it?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5