Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No Music Metadata (fanart, artist bio, etc)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, longtime xbmc user here. I'm having some trouble getting music metadata downloaded. When I scan my music folder, xbmc pulls in just what's in the id3 tags and nothing else. It doesn't appear to hit the Universal Music Scraper at all.

Nothing is downloaded, no fanart, no artist bios, no album art if it doesn't already exist. Nothing at all.

Movies and TV show metadata works flawlessly, as does music playback, and everything else. I've been using xbmc for a couple years now and just assumed that this wasn't something xbmc did.

I just downloaded 13.0 Gotham and realized that it really ought to have images for all this stuff.

Here's a complete log wherein I remove D:\Music and it's related files from the DB and perform a fresh scan: http://xanderstrike.com/xbmc.log.txt

It says "unrecognized ID3 frame detected: *" a lot, not sure what that means but it could have something to do with it.

Auxiliary Information:

Win7 SP1
Intel i7 930
6GB RAM
Nvidia GTX 770 (works fine)
RealTek Sound (works fine)
XBMC Revision: 13.0 Git:20140505-f42f5b5

Skin: Confluence (default with Gotham)

Universal Artist Scraper v3.4.1
Do you actually have "Use online lookups during scan" enabled? By the looks you don't. No matter - you can do it via the context menu in the artist or album listing (query info for all artists/albums).