Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC central database and constant query/sync?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I decided to re-do my library into the central model using MariaDB running on my Synology NAS, but since I have discovered that it seems that my NAS will never go to sleep and spin down. I have NOT yet tried to run a trace on the database to see exactly what is going on and confirm my suspicions that my XBMC clients, one of which is running 24/7 on a small thin client which also serves out some other services to my home network, constantly query the database I suppose in order to stay in sync.

Question is...

1) Can anybody confirm this is what is happening and save me the diagnostics.
2) If so is there any way to make this NOT happen - I mean, I see no reason for it to constantly query when the user is not doing anything. After a certain idle time, I expect XBMC to simply be doing nothing and not keeping my servers awake for no reason.

I am running Gotham everywhere now.

Thanks.
I confirmed that XBMC was indeed the culprit for keeping my DS1512+ awake. Would be lovely if we could configure it to not constantly query the central database when idle and only query when entering a library view.
Not sure I run XBMC clients some of which are on 24/7 and I have a central DB MySQL on unraid and my unraid box spins down its disks so it does not seem like mine are sending queries when users are not interacting.

what version of XBMC do you run? can you run a tcpdump or something similar and see the query going to the DB?