Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MKV: language of audio track is not recognized, if a title is set
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HI,

MKV: the language of an audio track is not recognized from XBMC, if a title is set for this audio track.

I think this is a bug, can anyone confirm this?
I don't understand the issue. Can you elaborate?
i have an mkv produced with makeMKV. if i choose an audio track with VLC and media player classic i was able to see the language of the audio track (e.g. german or english).
Or more exactly, i have this:

Output from mediainfo:

Audio #1
ID : 2
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
Mode extension : CM (complete main)
Format settings, Endianness : Big
Codec ID : A_AC3
Duration : 1h 31mn
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 448 Kbps
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth : 16 bits
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 292 MiB (8%)
Title : Surround 5.1
Language : German
Default : Yes
Forced : No

Title should be the same as track name in toolnix/mergeMkv

With VLC i see:
title - [language]

in this special case:

Surround 5.1 - [german]

with xbmc i see (no language):

Surround 5.1 - AC3 5.1

If i set the track name in toolnix/mergeMkv to an empty string, vlc says:

title 1 - [german]

xbmc:
German - AC3 5.1

so if the track name/title of the audio track is set, XBMC shows it instead of the language. So the language is not displayed any more..
i tried to reproduce the problem using handbrake.

Audio->Show Advanced->Track Name

But handbrake does not insert the track name into the mkv file (i checked this with mediinfo and mkvinfo), so i am no able to repdroduce it in this way.

But, if i add a track name with MKVtoolnix/MKVMerge (Gui) to the file handbrake produced, XBMC does not show the language of the audio track any more.
Ah, I see. Nice catch. Can you report this on our bugtracker site: http://trac.xbmc.org ? Just use your same forum username and password and say what you've said here, and then we can use that trac ticket to notify specific developers of the bug.
(2014-05-22, 21:24)Melanie Wrote: [ -> ]Yes:
Ticket #15237
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/15237

You filled in Frodo as version. We do not support/fix anything any more for that version.
Only Gotham 13.0 and up.
Is there anything i should do now (after is was set to Gotham 13.0)?
You should be good now, as the ticket is open again. You might not get a response right away, but hopefully as people have time, someone will be able to look into it.
It might help if you supplied a mkv sample showing the problem, you can use MKVtoolnix to generate the sample, just make sure it's long enough to show issue e.g. 5 min and not too big e.g. ideally less than 100mb. Upload to a file share site that requires no log in details or user account to download the sample, for example Google Drive, Dropbox, MS OneDrive.
(2014-05-29, 10:58)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]It might help if you supplied a mkv sample showing the problem, you can use MKVtoolnix to generate the sample, just make sure it's long enough to show issue e.g. 5 min and not too big e.g. ideally less than 100mb. Upload to a file share site that requires no log in details or user account to download the sample, for example Google Drive, Dropbox, MS OneDrive.

I attached the examples to the ticket.
Thanks for doing that, it goes a long to making life easier for the dev's in trying to replicate if they have a sample that should show the issue the user is having.