Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Channel change crash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have compiled vdr and vnsiserver as desribed in the thread "How to compile vdr + vnsiserver from source" in this forum.

When doing a channel change vdr often crashes with floating point exception (core dumped) in the terminal window
where vdr was started. On some channels this problem was quite persistent. Found some strange lines in syslog when this happened:

May 12 16:33:23 ivar-GA-MA785GMT-UD2H vdr: [2488] VNSI: cParserAAC::FindHeaders - detected ADTS muxing mode
May 12 16:33:23 ivar-GA-MA785GMT-UD2H vdr: [2488] VNSI: cParserAAC::FindHeaders - detected LATM muxing mode
May 12 16:33:23 ivar-GA-MA785GMT-UD2H vdr: [2488] VNSI: cParserAAC::FindHeaders - detected ADTS muxing mode
May 12 16:33:24 ivar-GA-MA785GMT-UD2H vdr: [2488] VNSI: cParserAAC::FindHeaders - detected LATM muxing mode
May 12 16:33:24 ivar-GA-MA785GMT-UD2H vdr: [2488] VNSI: cParserAAC::FindHeaders - detected ADTS muxing mode

As if it couldn't make up its mind whether it's LATM or ADTS. I live in LATM territory.

I noticed from another thread in this forum (and githib) that a patch was made about 4 months ago (detect latm and adts by parsing )
As a shot in the dark I reversed that patch by commenting out the "else if" blocks with the INFOLOG statements.
Recompiled and reloaded and this had a significant effect on the problem. I have probably done over 100 channel changes. It has failed once and
vdr was restarted but that is how the runvdr script works.
Could you provide a short recoding with LATM audio? I want to fix this issue but don't have those channels
ahh, it was you I created this patch for. what else block did you comment out?
Will do later this evening. What's the easiest way to paste videos to the internet ? I guess pastebin is just for text.
I still have your sample from the other case. Are you saying that it works for you now without this patch? So I can reverse it?
No, you did not patch this for me.

in parser_AAC.c

Code:
/*    else if (buf_ptr[0] == 0xFF && (buf_ptr[1] & 0xF0) == 0xF0)
    {
      m_Stream->SetType(stAACADTS);
      INFOLOG("cParserAAC::FindHeaders - detected ADTS muxing mode");
      return -1;
    }*/

Code:
/*    else if (buf_ptr[0] == 0x56 && (buf_ptr[1] & 0xE0) == 0xE0)
    {
      m_Stream->SetType(stAACLATM);
      INFOLOG("cParserAAC::FindHeaders - detected LATM muxing mode");
      return -1;
    }*/

I have never sent you a sample before.

I looked at this thread where i did not participate

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...light=latm
sorry, I mixed up your names. Then I still need the recording. dropbox is fine for sharing this. A one minute recording should do.
yes, thanks.