Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Movie setup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I loved XBMC but some time back I found it messed up the folder structure and there seemed no way to fix it.

I have multiple TV series and multiple self categorised movie folders, for example, Action Thriller, inside this folder are individual movie folders, in TV for example, Angel, and inside this is a folder for each season.

Media portal has a standard video folder for movies to sit in, each are in the groups I defined, and there is a nice TV addon that sortes all the TV stuff out for me

XBMC appears to have nothing like this?
Not really sure what you mean. When scraping content(movies, or tv) there's a setting for recursive scanning. Basically it means, it will check infinitely deep in the target folder looking for content.

If you mean it isn't displaying the content the way you have organized, that's something different and likely unavoidable. It will find all tv shows and them display in a "flat" way, as in list them all out...no depth. Inside each tv show will be season folders though, and inside them will be episodes.
What you could do is just scan the movies into the library and then just view them using Videos -> Files. That will preserve the folder structure, but will still show all the metadata like summaries and DVD covers.