Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC not showing smb folders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there!

So I have had a G-Box Midnight for a few months now and it has worked great. I've been streaming my video files from my computer to my g-box thus far with no problem.

My computer is running Windows 7, and I've had these video folders shared for quite some time.

This afternoon, suddenly my xbmc stopped booting up on the G-Box. So i went to reinstall it, and noticed that Gotham had been released. As I was still using 12.3, i uninstalled it and installed Gotham with no issues.

But now I can't get my shared folders to show up in xbmc. I try to add a new source, but when I select smb, no folders show up. I don't get any errors, and i can't figure out if any of my settings are messed up. I restored all settings to default in xbmc, and as of now I'm just lost.

Any thoughts?
Have you tried entering the address manually instead of using the SMB browser? Like typing in

smb://servername/

?
I can give it a shot when I get back from work. What would my server name be?

For example if my pc is named Ricardo-pc, the drive is /b, and the folder path is b/movies.
Just want to report that Gotham 13 not working with my mx box. I would get sound but no video. I reverted back to 12.3 frodo and everything works again.
Yep, just tried installing the latest gotham beta on my Ouya, and when I try to add sources under smb, no folders showing.
(2014-05-14, 14:16)gman4reel Wrote: [ -> ]Just want to report that Gotham 13 not working with my mx box. I would get sound but no video. I reverted back to 12.3 frodo and everything works again.

That has nothing to do with this thread at all.
(2014-05-14, 14:01)xstaticpanda Wrote: [ -> ]I can give it a shot when I get back from work. What would my server name be?

For example if my pc is named Ricardo-pc, the drive is /b, and the folder path is b/movies.

Use the IP address of the server for best results.