Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: SFTP to Home NAS from Nvidia Shield too slow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First Post!Confused

I've gotten far enough along with the various XMBC releases through some google research, however I've hit a roadblock on this one. I have the newest Gotham 13.1 beta installed on my nVidia Shield and, like the rest of my XBMC devices, it's connected to the home FreeNAS box via an SFTP link. The problem is the SFTP link is considerably slower on my Shield than on the rest of my mobile devices (iPhone, iPad, Macbook Pro). At first I thought it was a poor connection (I'm currently at my dad's house) that was 15 Mbps down and 4 Mbps up, but I was able to stream my 1080p movies from my iPhone 5. I did a file transfer test using a 100 MB file and noticed that the DL speed on my phone was twice as fast as the shield, ~600KB/s vs ~210KB/s. I was wondering if there was any internal Android or XBMC setting that I might have missed that could effect the SSH speed. I've tried changing the video buffering settings via an advancedsettings.xml file to no avail. I feel like I've exhausted my options.

I was super excited to use my Shield as a mobile XBMC set top I could take to people's houses and enjoy all my media, but this connection issue is preventing me from enjoying anything without being interrupted by a buffer screen every 15 seconds.

Thanks again for any and all help offered. Cheers!