Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: DEV REQUIRED FOR JOB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All

Im looking for an app or addon within XBMC that can be used to update the users XBMC from the latest update(s) on a server that I can maintain and the user can update remotely if and when required.

I am willing to pay for this as well.

If this is a task that someone has experience with or would like to try then please get in touch to discuss further.

Thanks
Use Mediabrowser with XBMB3C
Thanks for your reply.

I had a look at this (still trying to get my head around it) but I am not sure it does what I am looking unless you can shed any light on it?

From what I gather it seems to be something you can use to stream content (local files) remotely similar to like remote desktop or something but for XBMC and not the whole O/S or can I use this to also update any changes with XBMC which the end user can update from.

Do you know if the user would need to select anything or the update would be automatic and if so would they see any prompt that this is happening in the background?

I appreciate you may not know as this feature seems pretty new but your reply is very much appreciated!
what are you trying to update? that will change how you handle things.

if you just need to update addons, setup a private repo and install the addons through that. when you update them in the repo, they get pushed to the xbmc when they connect.

if you need to update xbmc versions, settings, and push media/other files. that is a whole different solution that will depend on the host OS, and if you are updating over the internet or on lan.
Any takers on this?

Whoever can work on this may have a few ideas of their own however the main things for what I am looking for is for the end user to be able to update say when there is an issue with an addon or they want to have the latest addons/changes that have been added to the server which they can select to update by some addon within XBMC.

The amount of clients in this are growing daily on average around 100 per week across 5 different models (more info on this later)

I am open to any suggestions that you may have and can provide more examples for whoever is interested.

Alternately if you think you dont have experience or not able to do this, maybe you could refer me to someone who does?

Remember I know this could potentially be a large job this is why I am willing to pay for any work done.

Thanks
It looks like everything you require is already possible one way or another. You will need to do some research yourself to figure it out.

What exactly are you/do you have running?