Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can XBMC on Android scan media files?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have XBMC Gotham installed on Amazon Fire TV with media files resident on the same sub-net, hosted by a QNAP NAS. SMB networking is enabled on the NAS and I configured the file location on XBMC to point to the NAS (SMB://192,.168.1.11//Multimedia/Music). The connection is successful, but all I can do is browse the directory structure on the NAS. XBMC does not scan the NAS folder and create its own library.

I also have XBMC Gotham on a Windows PC on the same network. I mapped a the Z: drive on the PC to the NAS (\\DougNas/Multimedia). In this case, XBMC scans the files on the NAS to create its own library.

Is this a limitation of XBMC on Android? Is it an artefact of using SMB networking? Is there a setting in XBMC for scanning the media file location vs. browsing it?
XBMC for Android has no issues with scanning files, and does so the exact same way as XBMC for any other platform. See adding videos to the library (wiki).