Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Websocket problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Short on logs as trying to reproduce this can be a problem. When I could reproduce it was the same for Chorus and AWXi.

The first issue was that if there were more than 33 cookies for the same site as XBMC the websocket wouldn't open. It would get to stage 0 and stop. Firefox would timeout (I guess an internal timeout), Chrome will do nothing and IE works. Yes, IE works very strange. I have no log of this sorry.

Therefore I can't using lots of cookies to using a stringyfied one. The problem then is that sometimes for some people when opening the websocket the cookie will be sent. XBMC then seems to want to parse the cookie info, as it's JSON and fails, then stalls out again. I presume a similar problem to the >33 cookies.

Code:
16:14:45 T:13028   DEBUG: JSONRPC Server: New connection detected
16:14:45 T:13028    INFO: JSONRPC Server: New connection added
16:14:45 T:13028   DEBUG: JSONRPC: Incoming request: {"artistsView":"list","albumsView":"cover","albumsViewRec":"cover","filmView":"poster","filmViewRec":"poster","filmViewSets":"poster","TVView":"banner","TVViewRec":"infolist","EpView":"listover","musicVideoView":"cover","filmSort":"label","mdesc":"ascending","tvSort":"label","tvdesc":"ascending","epSort":"label","epdesc":"ascending","albumSort":"album","adesc":"ascending","musicVideosSort":"album","musicVideosdesc":"ascending","limitMovies":25,"limitTV":25,"limitArtists":25,"limitAlbums":25,"limitSongs":25,"limitMV":25,"lazyload":false,"timeout":20,"lang":"en","watched":false,"hideWatchedMark":false,"hoverOrClick":"click","useFanart":false,"useXtraFanart":false,"startPage":"recentAlbums","showTags":false,"rotateCDart":false,"artistsPath":"","preferLogos":false,"remoteActive":false,"player":true,"enqueue":true,"playnext":true,"input":true,"volume":true,"playlist":true,"profiles":true,"system":true,"livetv":true}
16:14:45 T:13028   ERROR: JSONRPC: Failed to parse '{"EpView":"listover","TVView":"banner","TVViewRec":"infolist","adesc":"ascending","albumSort":"album","albumsView":"cover","albumsViewRec":"cover","artistsPath":"","artistsView":"list","enqueue":true,"epSort":"label","epdesc":"ascending","filmSort":"label","filmView":"poster","filmViewRec":"poster","filmViewSets":"poster","hideWatchedMark":false,"hoverOrClick":"click","input":true,"lang":"en","lazyload":false,"limitAlbums":25,"limitArtists":25,"limitMV":25,"limitMovies":25,"limitSongs":25,"limitTV":25,"livetv":true,"mdesc":"ascending","musicVideoView":"cover","musicVideosSort":"album","musicVideosdesc":"ascending","player":true,"playlist":true,"playnext":true,"preferLogos":false,"profiles":true,"remoteActive":false,"rotateCDart":false,"showTags":false,"startPage":"recentAlbums","system":true,"timeout":20,"tvSort":"label","tvdesc":"ascending","useFanart":false,"useXtraFanart":false,"volume":true,"watched":false}'

I now can't reproduce the error again. I've never been able to reproduce it via my main machine. Hopefully something obvious jumps out?
It might be the problem related to the fact that XBMC currently can't handle any requests over websocket which are longer than 1024 bytes in total (including websocket header etc).
That makes sense (I think, as the cookie may be sent before the upgrade?) as when Chrome sent the cookie, opening the websocket wouldn't work. I've changed to using local storage for the bulk of the settings which one user has reported as working. Waiting on an xbmc.log from someone else who says it's not...