Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 3d format question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been having issues with XBMC play subs twice so I also started exporting play full SBS movies.

I know XBMC won't play ISO's but a DVD fab user posted this:

"Just use Fab blu ray copy use burn/clone to get the whole 3d movie on the hard drive first then put the cloned iso back into Fab and extract the main movie in advanced settings it should be set for make 3d movie (it's the default setting) then make the output to 50 gigs and output set for hard drive you use to play movies from so it will copy the uncompressed 3d main movie to hard drive.

This will copy the full 1080p resolution uncompressed main movie with all soundtracks included or you can make it with just the soundtracks you want and subtitles you want by un checking these when you make main movie.Their are pull down boxes for soundtracks and subtitles this will make the copied movie a little smaller and save room on the hard drive.

The question I have is can your XBMC device play full frame packed 3d movies? and if so from a iso or folder as you can output the main movie to iso or folder and most 3d players need iso's not folders a very few will play from 3d folders"

I assume that would make an ISO or MVC which XBMC currently can't play.
(2014-05-18, 03:21)patseguin Wrote: [ -> ]I've been having issues with XBMC play subs twice so I also started exporting play full SBS movies.

I know XBMC won't play ISO's but a DVD fab user posted this:

"Just use Fab blu ray copy use burn/clone to get the whole 3d movie on the hard drive first then put the cloned iso back into Fab and extract the main movie in advanced settings it should be set for make 3d movie (it's the default setting) then make the output to 50 gigs and output set for hard drive you use to play movies from so it will copy the uncompressed 3d main movie to hard drive.

This will copy the full 1080p resolution uncompressed main movie with all soundtracks included or you can make it with just the soundtracks you want and subtitles you want by un checking these when you make main movie.Their are pull down boxes for soundtracks and subtitles this will make the copied movie a little smaller and save room on the hard drive.

The question I have is can your XBMC device play full frame packed 3d movies? and if so from a iso or folder as you can output the main movie to iso or folder and most 3d players need iso's not folders a very few will play from 3d folders"

I assume that would make an ISO or MVC which XBMC currently can't play.

Frame packing is an output method, not a storage/encoding format.

Gotham should handle your subtitles correctly if you use a supported 3D file format like sbs or tab.