Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Stuttering Video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am having a small issue with video files I am playing on XBMC. It seems that every few minutes the video stutters or the framerate slows down for a second or two and then goes back to normal. I have tried adjusting all the applicable settings, like syncing the video to the display and have tried both the video clock and audio method, I also have the setting that adjusts the display to match the framerate of the video enabled. This issue happens with both bluray rips and dvd rips. Just some background on what I am using, i am running openelec 4.01 with xbmc gotham on an htpc with an amd 64 x2 processor and a Nvidia Geforce GT620 graphics card, and I am using the aeon nox xkin. This runs out of my pc into a Denon 3310 receiver and out to my 60 inch Vizio TV. I have heard that lower end tvs like mine have issues running the 24 fps film mode stuff which i think is what the framerate of dvds and blurays are but I am not sure, so this may just be an issue with the tv being a low end tv. I have disabled the film mode setting on the tv to see if that would solve the issue but it does not, it was set to auto before and the issue was the same. If the issue is just with the tv no big deal it really isnt a huge issue just a minor annoyance, but the overall quality and functionality of xbmc is pretty awesome and I wish I would have known about the software years ago. Thanks in advance, any help is greatly appreciated.
I Think I have this fixed I ended up disabling all settings that sync the playback to the display and that fixed my issue.

So..

Adjust display refresh rate to match video is off
Sync playback to display is off
Vertical blank sync - always enabled
refresh rate - 60 hz