Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC special Edition????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is special about the "xbmc special edition" for the MX2 boxes?
We do not support it on this website / forum. Only official build downloaded from our website
Some goobers made it. They preinstalled add-ons for people who are too lazy to manually install add-ons. Which also means you'll probably have some that you don't want that are preinstalled. I wouldn't use it.
Where is the best place to install it from then?
(2014-05-21, 22:01)jammyb Wrote: [ -> ]Erm. www.xbmc.org/download Huh

but that only has Gotham
Read second reply
(2014-05-21, 23:18)Carolina48 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-05-21, 22:01)jammyb Wrote: [ -> ]Erm. www.xbmc.org/download Huh

but that only has Gotham

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/android/
They say this version has been modified to work better on their Android box than on other boxes. They say their box doe not have the audio sync issues a lot of Android boxes have. I have a Minix X5 since a coupel of days and encounter these problems also. On my laptop I don not have these problems.

Does anybody know how I can solve these sync issues permanently?
your laptop will have better hardware then your android box
Of course, that's right.
I just resolved it, with a bypass. I set the lag to 0.333 seconds for all video's. I didn't know that option before,
Minix has a version of XBMC, and those minix-specific tweaks should also be in SPMC (wiki). If you still have issues then I would give SPMC (wiki) a try.
(2014-08-14, 19:50)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Minix has a version of XBMC, and those minix-specific tweaks should also be in SPMC (wiki). If you still have issues then I would give SPMC (wiki) a try.

Thanks. I will check first which XBMC is running on my Minix. A friend of mine has installed and configured it for me.
@ryan1428 Those claims are from the Frodo era. Before Gotham, XBMC needed to be build with some switches to enable hardware acceleration on Amlogic hardware. Since last januari this is default in Gotham. So just download an official Gotham build or SPMC from playstore.