Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: External SRT Subtitles - trouble
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

While using SRT subtitles files, I see this problem. The subtitles would blink/flicker often if not always. If the subtitles are on 2 lines, the upper line will keep blinking and change color from white to black and white again. Also a part of the subtitle line will appear on the top left corner of my TV which also keep on flickering.

Any idea what could be wrong?

I've Gotham 13.1 Beta 2 running Xtreamer Multiconsole Android device.

Thanks
Here is the video of the trouble being caused. I also see somewhat similar problem for the text when debugging is enabled which shows the info on the top left corner of the screen. The debug info does change color white to black and move a line upwards ( the upper extreme left top corner ) and also flicker. These symptoms show XBMC has some problem displaying a simple clear text on the screen directly. The subtitles problem doesn't appear for inbuilt/embedded subtitles and subtitles in the form of idx/sub.

Also want to add that.. the problem exists on Frodo 12.3 as well.
I was using the SMB share before. But the issue exist with local video play as well.

Anyone out there can confirm if they can see SRT subtitles showing properly in Frodo or Gotham?

Thanks