Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Excluded folders and Metadata
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am currently using Gotham on a win 7 machine with the sio2x skin and I use ember mm to store all meta data locally in each video folder.

Here's the situation, I have several folders with videos (concerts, standup, and shorts) that I do not want to show up in my main movies section. So I have these videos in separate directories that I have added as sources. I then select to exclude these sources from the library and instead I create a short cut to access the directory.

The problem is that when I view these directories, I can see the fan art, but all the metadata does not appear. If I however, scan the contents of the directory, even if exclude from library updates is checked, the videos are added to the library and appear in the movies section, and then and only then I can access the favorites shortcut to the directory and the metadata will appear.

If I set the content to none, that will keep very thing out of the movies section, but again, no metadata when I access the directory.

Just to confirm this, I also set the movies source as a favorite shortcut, and since those videos are in the library, when I access that directory through a favorite shortcut, the metadata appears.

So it seems that the videos must be in the library for the metadata to appear, even if all the metadata is stored in local files. This sort of sucks because I would really like to keep these files out of the movie section and access them through a shortcut, but still be able to see the metadata.

So is this a skin thing or inherent in the way that xbmc works?
Playlists. Tags. Custom Nodes.

Those, in combination with favorites will be a good method for exclusions.

Main movies tagged, or playlisted. Then favorited. Shortcut on main menu.
Concerts tagged or playlisted. Same... Although Concerts should show up under musicvideos if content is set to music videos.

This is how I have my Kids TV separate from my TV shows.