Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: android dumping when shut down
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I have purchased a stand alone Android TV box from a guy that had pre loaded XMBC among other stuff and it was working great. However, at one point my box started acting funny. For example I would turn on the box and the time would be way off and the date would read 1979 and it would not allow me to play anything. After turning it off and on a few times it would then go back to normal and work fine.

Now to my problem, my box (at some point) did a complete brain dump. I had to reset the screen size, network, and so on. As well all of my video add ons were missing. Through doing some research I was able to reinstall "SuperRepo" but every time I turn the box off it does a brain dump again. The guy I bought the box from is no non-existent and I am at a loss of what to do to solve this problem. I would appreciate any help you can offer. As well, I am new to this so please talk to me like I know nothing.
Lesson learned: Do not buy stuff from "a guy"/ebay/china unless you know what you're doing.
Of course lesson learned, but no need to kick me when I'm down. What I'm looking for is help not a put down.
Does your device have a battery inside of it to hold the time etc?
If not your Flash memory may be going bad.
Just guessing.
that sounds right. maybe reflash android? start over