Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Last.FM Scrobbler
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Ah, ok. Thanks for the hint. I wasnt aware about AirPlay=Streaming, but it makes sense in a way :-)

I'm very picky about what to scrobble or not.
I don't want to scrobble streaming Music (from sources outside my home).
So unless its not possible to forbit scrobbling from sources not located in my LAN and scrobble only what is played from inside my LAN, I stay on DNLA.

Though, I will check your suggestion and tell, so we knew the result ;-)

Thanks.

EDIT: Ok, did the testing: https://pastebin.com/GAFnN2SY
Starting a song in "AirPlay-Mode" will result in showing that song on the last.fm site as "Scrobbling now".
But the song is never saved to the history. (I guess, thats because, the %- or minutes-limit to scrobble a song is never reached within a stream? who knows...)
I played several songs. All showed up as "Scrobbling now", none was saved to my history.
Does not matter, if a song is skipped, fast forwarded or played entierly. It never is stored on last.fm. Moreover, when the first started song has ended, and the next one starts, the "Scrobbling now" entry vanishes and last.fm shows nothing. (Kodi17 shows the songinfo for each played song, but maybe the addon does not catch when a new song is started while streaming?
Hi,
can you add some "blacklist" for folders or/and media sources ?

I'm listening to audiobooks with kodi, but do not want them to be scrobbled.

so putting the folder "audiobooks" into the blacklist woud tell your fine addon not to scrobble files from this folder.

same might be useful for UPNP sources.
Hey there.
Thanks, Ronie, for making this addon and for sharing it with us.
As far as I can tell it has been scrobbling my internal library and even some streaming sources.
Nevertheless I still have a question: is it compatible with 17.x's Estuary theme AND the love feature? I can't seem to find where/how to love a song...
Also, would it be possible to make an OSD saying that it just started (or just finished) scrobbling a song? And that a song has just been Loved? You know, something similar to what Trakt does.
Thanks in advance.
Cheers
the 'love' feature of the last.fm addon needs to be supported by the skin.
i don't think many skins support it anymore these days...

it does notify you when you 'love' a song btw.
notifcations for scrobbling are not implemented though
But do you know if Estuary has that feature?
It's the one that I am using right now and the default one on any Kodi 17.x install.
You know, I don't even know what I should be looking for. A heart? A star? I guess it's the star but it's not working.

How about a feature for playing my a random list of my last.fm's loved songs?
And one for playing a random list of last.fm's recommended songs using something like spotify or similar?
TIA
Cheers
Come on, guys. No one here knows if Estuary has this feature? And how to use it?
Thanks in advance.
Cheers
It isnt of any help, if 20 ppl of this thread are replying: "no, I don't know", but, my own answer is: I don't have a clue (because I don't use this feature).

for this "How about a feature for playing my a random list of my last.fm's loved songs?" isnt it possible to create a smart playlist for this?
Maybe not the right right place for this discussion but is there any possibility of getting acousticbrainz support? It looks very promising and I'd like to start scrobbling there as well as last.fm.
Hei, I have a question. I recently started using your addon but now i see it's hangs on a few characters. I suspect the @ sign in the title name. Now I saw you had said earlier this thread that that is a problem by last.fm. Now i wanted to change my title's to not cointain these forbidden characters but I can't seem to find a list of all the forbidden characters. I was hoping you could help me with that!

Otherwise I'm really happy with your addon!

Greetz
I sometimes play songs locally through the web frontend. Those songs are not scrobbled Sad This is also very unfortunate. Is there any way around?
it works fine for me, so i'm going to need a full debug log from you to check if i can spot what's going wrong at your end.
I hope this is good. First time I did this: https://pastebin.com/S73dN95R

Scrobbling works from the web browser if I use it to play the files remotely. But it doesn't if I play them locally on the accessing browser.
(2018-06-18, 12:50)bobhund Wrote: [ -> ]But it doesn't if I play them locally on the accessing browser.
 ah, yes that is correct. if a file is not being played in kodi, there is nothing the addon can do.
the addon depends on the internal kodi player providing all the needed info of the track that is being played.

if playback happens through a browser, the internal kodi player is not active.
the browser simply downloads the file and starts playback locally.
is this still working? I installed v2.1.0 but when I configure the service and add my credentials then I get an error that I did NOT enter a username and password, but I just didHuh
=> I tested my login @ the last.fm site and my credentials (login) was fine.

Running the last.fm service addon on Kodi Krypton (17.6) with NoxSpin skin.

edit:
I was hoping it might add some 'Trakt' like features perhaps, but that's not gonna happen I guess Wink 
Does someone know if there might be such a thing? a 'Trakt' like music database which keeps track of played music tracks somewhat like 'Trakt' does with your whatched series/movies (progress)?
double check the addon settings. the message means you did not enter a username and/or password.
perhaps you've entered them but forget to save the settings?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17