Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Add ability to delete all recordings in a folder.. HIGH WAF
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
been using the XBMC pvr support currently with NextPVR and so far love it.
There are a couple of small missing things that really turn the WAF(wife approval factor) off

1. Ability to delete all the recordings in a folder/series or the ability to select all then delete or both.
My wife really despises DVR/PVRs that don't allow multiple delete or the ability to delete a entire folder.
I agree with her on this one.

Thanks,

Snorkel
Since my kids also use xbmc (actually more than my wife), I would be worried about having a dangerous blanket delete command like this. When my wife asked for the something similar, I showed her how to access the shared rec tv folder from her laptop, the she can delete, move, whatever, much faster and easier. We don't need to use the 10' interface for everything, that's one of the advantages of an htpc.
(2014-05-23, 00:28)krustyreturns Wrote: [ -> ]Since my kids also use xbmc (actually more than my wife), I would be worried about having a dangerous blanket delete command like this. When my wife asked for the something similar, I showed her how to access the shared rec tv folder from her laptop, the she can delete, move, whatever, much faster and easier. We don't need to use the 10' interface for everything, that's one of the advantages of an htpc.

I think it would be ok as long a confirm/warning dialog was used and it could be made into option that could be enabled for those that would like such a option.
The latest Time warner DVR update has the ability to check the recordings you want to delete and then delete all that you checked.
Also I had Uverse and their DVR had the ability to delete all the recordings in a series and that really saved a lot of time when you
needed to clean up or make space for new stuff.
Yeah I could live with that.
If you want to prevent kids from screwing everything up, folder deletions could require the parental PIN.
4776 (PR)
All tasks should be available from the interface within reason IMO. Designing in outside processes is messy and alienates a lot of the user base. I look at it as a failure anytime I need to pick up the keyboard on the HTC.
Key word being "within reason".