Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Gotham third party remote control using JSON commands
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am testing out XBMC 13.0 using the XBMCbuntu download platform. I've had no problem using various Frodo releases.

I'm finding the 13.0 version does not seem to respond to JSON commands when I send them. Perhaps I'm doing something dumb, but I've tried multiple builds of both Frodo (all work) and Gotham (none work).

To test I'm using putty to telnet to the IP address of the box using port 9090 (also trying 8080). I am obviously turning on both 'allow programs on other systems to control XBMC' as well as 'Allow control of XBMC via HTTP' although I don't think I need to do the later.

To test I am pasting the following command into putty:

{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Input.Right", "id": 1}

I get an OK response on Frodo and the command works. However I don't get an error or any response when sending using Gotham
have you tried a third party remote? to rule out firewall etc
A third party remote works. I wouldn't expect it would be a firewall since I have two identical machines other than the IP address and the version of XBMC. I guess it's possible I'm doing something wrong that Frodo is more tolerant of than Gotham. It's a fairly easy thing to test the way I'm doing it using putty. Just connect to the box and paste the command