Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Gotham 13.0 to 13.1Beta2 skin issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just upgraded from 13.0 to 13.1Beta2 and found that my skin settings seemed to get stepped on. The upgraded system knew I was using Ace, but all the settings and customs items were gone. I restored back to 13.0 and everything was fine.

Didn't notice any comments about this so was wondering if this was a known/expected issue or did something just hickup during my install. I'm assuming (hoping) that if this happens again a restore of Userdata from prior to the upgrade will fix it.

sorry, forgot - Win 7 64bit, fully updated
That shouldn't happen, and I don't think it's a known issue. If you try the 13.1beta 2 again, be sure to backup first and also turn on debugging before updating so you can get a full debug log. It might have just been a fluke where the settings weren't read, but it could also be an issue in a situation we haven't seen before.
Ned, will try again tomorrow. Just a question though. When exactly do you need me to turn on debugging? In 13.0 prior to upgrade? In 13.1 just after upgrade? If debug is on in 13.0 will the setting carry forward to 13.1 after the upgrade? I guess that's the question. If not the only approach would seem to be to do the upgrade, start 13.1, turn on debugging and then restart 13.1 and forward that log. Let me know if there's a preference. Thanks
Yeah, turn debugging on while you are still on v13.0, and the settings will carry over.
Ned, thanks for suggestion, but this must have been a one time fluke. After I upgraded again, the skin problems did not recur. I do have the debug log of the upgrade that worked but didn't think that would be helpful. Sorry I didn't capture a log on the upgrade that was in error.
No worries, hopefully it was just a one-time fluke :)