Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to stream video without requiring user interaction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm new to XBMC and recently loaded it on my Raspberry Pi. I'm impressed with the stability of the software.

I have an application where I would like to have the device automatically display a constant stream of video without needing interaction from the user. I tried the Random Movie Trailers add-on and that worked, but only played about 10 trailers, then reverted to the xbmc main menu.

I would like to use this device to display News or Current Events on a TV in the lobby of our building. Something for our customers to view while they are waiting.

Ideally, it would be nice to tune to a stream, and have the device automatically play the most recent stream, 24/7.

Any ideas?
the IPTV PVR add-on should be able to do this, along with the PVR settings to resume playback on XBMC startup. Not sure on the details since I haven't tried this myself, but it shouldn't be too bad. If I have some time I'll try writing up a little guide on the IPTV add-on, as I've been meaning to do that anyways.