Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Is anyone sharing/syncing addons?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm thinking about syncing my addons between two Ubuntu boxes...does anyone have any pointers or tips, tricks, guides, experience they could lend me?
rsync?
Ya I keep reading about symbolic links and other ways with advancedsettings.xml just looking to see if anyone has any tips before I dive in.
You could perhaps mount .xbmc/addons and .xbmc/userdata/addon_data over nfs or cifs. I am not sure what will then happen if two people are editing settings at the same time.

I am also not sure how you would deal with Addonsxx.db. You can't share sqlite databases between different concurrent users.
I have read a bunch of posts and forums about doing it but none of them are really a good guide just mostly fragments and bits and pieces of information scattered around...It seems like quite and undertaking just want to see if it feasible or even stable or worth doing before I dive in.
I think the easiest way is to make one machine your 'master' and make all your changes there.

Then have a periodic, or user initiated rsync script to update the other machines.

Thinking about it you perhaps don't need to worry about Addonsxx.db as it is possible to install an addon by unzipping it into .xbmc/addons. Dumping files by rsync should therefore work.