Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: full screen - windows mode using "\" does not work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Problem:

The “\” key doesn't do what I expect. The “\” key is used by XMBC to toggle from “FULL SCREEN” to “WINDOWS” mode.
What I get is a toggle between a “FULL SCREEN” which does not fill my entire HDMI Vera Panasonic screen and “WINDOWS” mode.

My ability to watch a HULU movie in a true full screen works find.

I am using my lap top with my video connection too my HDMI Vera Panasonic big screen via my HDMI cable.

Anybody have a fix for this?
I'd guess that you need to calibrate the XBMC screen - you say it doesn't go full screen, but it sounds like it does, merely that "full screen" isn't filling the full TV screen, so it needs some adjustment.

System -> Settings -> System -> Video output -> Video Calibration
this is exactly what the problem is. i will do more research on how to adjust the video calibration. I assume it has something to do with stretching the box in
System -> Settings -> System -> Video output -> Video Calibration

but at this point i do not understand how to do the adjustment.

thanks for the help
Cursor keys or remote equivalent normally.

You might want to check overscan settings on your TV as well.
Full Screen on my XBMC takes up about 2/3 of the horizonal and about 2/3 of the vertical space of my big screen tv.

How adjusting my TV's over scan will not effect my regular TV watching doesn't seem reasonable to me.