Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Switching to Openelec without losing Netflix and Sky Go
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am currently using XBMC on Windows 7 as my main HTPC and was hoping to switch to Openelec as I just don't need a full operating system just to watch TV/recordings.

The only problem is that I watch Netflix and Sky Go on the PC, which will not work on Openelec due to Silverlight problems.

Is there anything else I can do or do I have to stick with Windows?

I have done a bit of research online and apparently Android for PC is fairly workable now.

Do you think I could/should have a dual boot PC (Openelec and Android) whereby I just re-boot into android everytime I want to watch Netflix or Sky Go?
You might want to use XBMCbuntu and the "Netflix Desktop" solution. It uses wine to launch a Windows copy of Firefox in Linux, so that it can use silverlight. It should work for Sky Go as well. It will me more light weight than a full Windows install for the most part. Netflix and Sky Go will have to use software decoding which is more power hungry, but shouldn't be too bad for most systems.