Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Yellow subtitle/Yellow border on DVDrips
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I've got this weird issue on XBMC/Ubuntu. When I try to play a DVDrip movie with embedded subtitles, it displays them in a yellow color with a yellow border, which makes the whole think almost unreadable.

The same files play in XBMC/IOS (ATV2 version) with white subtitles and a dark gray border, much better.

I know all about them being bitmaps and such, but the same file plays nice on the IOS version and the embedded subtitles are near unreadable in the Linux version. I suspect this is an overlay problem that's flipping colors.

Running XBMC 12 from debian version on Ubuntu 14.04, Atom D525 with a Nvidia 218 (ION2 board), 314 proprietary drivers connected to a Samsung TV monitor via HDMI.

XBMC 12.3 had the same issue.
Nevermind, fixed on Gotham. I could not run Gotham previously because of a weird navigation problem that was fixed when I disabled the gamepad support (generic MCE remote was somehow sending joystick commands)