Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Smooth Play back and using Internal Video player
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

Please accept my apologies if I have posted in the wrong section as I am new to this site as am I to XBMC.

Hardware Info.
TV: Panasonic TX P50VT65B
ANDROID TV: MODEL rk31rdk
VIA: BOSE LIFESTYLE V25
HITACHI 1TB POWERED EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE

Ok so as I said I am new to XBMC, I have been playing around with the settings for a while know and nothings is meeting my needs when it comes to video playback. I have tried installing ARM NEON 7 as I was told that this is the way to go. I have messed about with all the setting within XBMC EG sync, match video, tv sync etc and still the playback is not good enough. If there is away to to get playback to a high standard please could someone go through the steps. The XBMC I am using is called BEYOND which is pre-installed on the ANDRIOD TV BOX. I am not to fussed about all the other add-ons like the films as I want to do is play of my Hard drive.

Now there is no solution to the above maybe someone could help with the following?

The ANDRIOD TV comes pre-installed with an app called (VIDEO) this very lite player plays better than XBMC and MX PLAYER and I was wondering if I am able to embed that video player to XBMC? If this is possible could someone go through the steps with me please.

All your help would be appreciated,

Big Grin
Try using this version: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/android...bi-v7a.apk

Maybe revert your settings back to default, just for testing purposes.

There's a few settings we can try if it still isn't working quite right. If I understand you, the main issue is audio sync?
Hi thanks for getting back to me.

I am not sure what the problem is. Its more to do with the stuttering of film. When panning it lags and general video play back is slow as if you can see the render working. With pre-installed app you don't get any of that smooth as silk but i love the XBMC lay out.
Hi again, Just to let you know I downloaded the apk file you provided and though it had some improvements I can't add sources wont let me type. Also as for playback it's better but still stuttering. I am trying to play M4P 1080p files that I ripped from my blu rays
For typing: XBMC -> Settings -> System -> Input devices -> enable "remote sends keyboard key presses".

For the stuttering: get us a debug log (wiki) of when you play a video.
I don't want you to PM me a screen shot of XBMC with debugging on, I want you to post a link to the XBMC.log file itself, as described on Log file/Easy (wiki), in this thread.
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=213346

is this what you are looking for?
Yep, that's the one. So far nothing jumps out at me in have log, but I'll take a closer look later today.
Thanks will wait for your reply. I will carry on playing around with settings to see whats the best. Does XBMC automatically use ARM NEON 7 or do you need to tell it to do so?
It is automatic.
I was wondering if its incompatibility with my tv, The videos I am ripping are set to 24fps the android output setting are 1080p 60 (I am assuming that's hz) My tv can play 60hz but its automatic feature on the tv it registered the input. The main unit where everything is passed through is the bose v25 picture and audio. would this make any difference to the output causing stutter?
Without being able to really see it in person, it's hard to say, but that sounds like a probable explanation. *shrug*