Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Hide TV Series episode untill there are subtitles?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I have a question, since I am from Poland for all US episodes I need polish subtitles which are usually available few days after episode is available to download.

No my question is, is it possible in XBMC to hide episodes which don't have downloaded subtitles? And then automatically unhide them as soon as subtitles with the same name as video file are there in the same folder??

Many thanks for you help
Damian
I dont think there is a way to hide episodes, but I do know that you can create an Episode type Smart Playlist that has a condition "Subtitle Language is <your language>".

You could have other conditions like the show must be unwatched etc.
Thanks for that, I didn't know about it. Do you know if its possible to put such smart playlist episodes on main screen of xbmc ?

What I want to achieve is to have on main screen only not watched tv series episodes with subtitles. So I don't have to think about what I already watched, what doesn't have subtitles yet.
Some skins will allow you to put it on to your Home menu. I think Amber skin lets you do it if you have the Smart Playlist in your Favourites.

My addon, LazyTV, can be set to create a Smart Playlist of only the "next to watch" episode for each TV show. You could combine that playlist with your existing one to only get one episode for each TV Show.
Thanks!
Well, it turned out it doesn't work, because my subtitles are txt/srt as external file next to video file. Condition 'Subtitle language' do not find them in any way..

Any other ideas??
Anyone, please ?
Mux the .srt into an .mkv with language set as "Polish" then the smart playlist should work.
http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtool...merge.html