Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to boost center channel when downmixing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Any news of it being added to the official release. I have no idea how to patch it manually
Still no option "System > Settings > System > Audio output > Boost centre channel when downmixing" under Windows, wtf ?
Yeah, I don't think this feature should just be limited to Pi users. I have several windows kodi running on TVs using just the TV speakers. Please make this happen across various platforms.
If you're really desperate, feel free to use my version, which has - among other small tweaks for my personal preference - the center boost built-in.
Note that those versions come from the nightly (master) branch. But I'm quite happy with this one so far.

Anyhow, use at your own risk. Smile

(And don't worry, any other tweaks in this version need to be actively enabled)

http://www.purgatorium.info/downloads/Ko...master.exe
@Zytrel - mind making a pull request with the needed changes to mainline?
Please do!

This is something that has bugged me since about 4 versions back!
Actually, I just stole this Patch from Popcornmix.
So he's the one who should do the pull, I think.

Regards,
zy.
hi,

I just installed the wheezy kodi from michael.gorven repository, but can't see the "boost center channel when downmixing" option.
Settings level is Expert
Kodi 14.2 (Compiled Mar 29 2015)

don't understand....
Hello,

Any chance you could post a new build with this feature integrated? There are some problems with the last build on my system.
Thanks!
Will this feature still be available in Isengard for the Rasperry Pi builds of OpenELEC and OSMC? It was extremely useful so I would hate to see it disappear.
(2015-07-12, 16:02)hghfdkjbfjb Wrote: [ -> ]Will this feature still be available in Isengard for the Rasperry Pi builds of OpenELEC and OSMC? It was extremely useful so I would hate to see it disappear.

Yes
this needs to be added to all builds.
Im running Android and need this badly.Sad
Added via a patch to Kodi 15.1 / OpenELEC on my ODROID-C1+ as well Smile
I really like this feature when using a cheap 2.1 Audio Setup.

This patch should work for anyone building Kodi 15.1 / OpenELEC on platforms other than RPi's.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2764...xing.patch
I am running firetv and would love this option as well.
Hi everyone,
I may have found a solution to boost voices.
I use the following settings:
Playback audio settings
- Volume amplification : 30 dB !!!
- set as default for all vidéos

General settings:
- Audio output settings : Speakers
- Output configuration : Best match
- Normalize levels on downmix : Checked

Why does it work?
The audio engine is designed to limit clipping:
I boost all the channels. It boosts voices and limits the volume on loud sounds to avoid clipping. Et voila !!

It seems to work for me with kodi 15.2 on windows.

Hope it helps.

Have a nice day.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7