Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [UPDATED] BBC Live Football Scores service
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Okay.
My personal use case for the script is a litte bit different. I'm watching the football games and every time the script notifies me, I switch to the channel where a goal was scored.
And since all the kodi stuff is routed through a openvpn connection, I try to speed up the delivery for the scoring script as much as I can. The first thing I did was adding a manual route to bbc.co.uk (212.58.244.0/22). Does anybody know some more tweaks to improve the delivery speed of the script?

Regards
My personal experience is that the script is very fast. The limitation is usually due to how long it takes for the bbc to update their website for the match updates.

Please note, I would not recommend updating the polling interval as I don't believe it would be appropriate to hammer the bbc website with constant requests.
Thanks. I'll respect that.
I'm just curious, what is the default polling interval?

And just as a future feature request: Maybe it would be great, when users can set a notification sound/alarm for events/goals.

Regards
It's one minute: https://github.com/elParaguayo/service.b...#L259-L262

In terms of future features, I'm hoping to add:
  • Name of goal scorer (this isn't 100% reliable as the BBC will often update the score before knowing the scorer)
  • Bookings

In terms of sounds/alarms, as much as I'd love to have have a crowd roar for a goal, I think this would only work if there's no media playing. It's not something I've looked at in any detail though.
Thanks.
I just wanted to mention the sound/alarm idea. Maybe it's something for your future list. And maybe this post points in the right direction: https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/make-a-beep-sound/8625

Regards
Quick warning: it looks like the BBC are trialling a new layout to their Sports website. Depending on what happens, this may break this addon!

I'll keep an eye on it, but any fixes may not be quick as I'm a busy man!!
This Addon is now broken
please could you fix it its one of my favourite addons whilst watching th footy
Anything more specific than "it's broken"?
I have this problem as well. I'll upload a log file tomorrow...
Here's a link to the log file;
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dpvvn2c6cp9jb5f/kodi.log?dl=0

hope that helps!

Thanks

Peter
el_Paraguayo

Is There Any News On A Fix Yet Please?
Apologies - I didn't get any updates saying that there had been new posts.

I'm away for a bit now so it may be hard to do a quick fix. On the positive side, it doesn't look like the error is a result of the BBC changing their layout (that would be a big change for me!).

irlam/EngineerPeter, can you both confirm what version of Kodi you're running please.
EngineerPeter,

The fix for you should be to edit this file: /storage/.kodi/addons/service.bbclivefootballscores/resources/lib/menu.py

and add "import xbmcaddon" after "import xbmc".

Not sure how that got missed!
irlam, I'll need a debug log from you as otherwise I can't tell if you've got the same issue.
Have just tried the mod to menu.py and am still getting the same error. or is it that the league hasn't started yet and that's why??

I'm running LibreElec v7.0.2

Thanks for looking into this...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28