Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Best of NHK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Get ready to to see some great video from Japan's NHK World lineup. I've tested this plugin on Mac, Windows, Linux boxes as well as Android tablet and Pivos Xios DS. I haven't seen any major flaws, although on Android XBMC it's a bit slower.

Please enjoy using this addon to preview NHK daily program scheduling, for viewing the NHK World live stream, NHK On Demand, NHK News and for listening to pre-recorded daily news broadcasts in 17 languages.

Features:

NHK World live stream schedule - For correct program listing in your part of the world, please be sure to set your timezone in the addon settings.
NHK World live stream SD with schedule listing preview
NHK World On Demand (View recent shows on-demand, like Dining with the Chef, Trails to Oishii Tokyo, Journeys in Japan, Science View, Japanology Plus)
JIBTV On Demand (NHK and JIBTV associated videos on demand)
NHK World News (Newsline, Newsroom Tokyo)
NHK pre-recorded daily radio news broadcast in 17 languages.
NHK Videos on Youtube

EDIT: July 3, 2022 - Latest Best of NHK fixes.
I haven't logged into github in a while and now I'm locked out because github is sending an authentication code to a defunct email address. The only solution I have right now is to post download links.

EDIT: July 4, 2022 -  Created new github repositories. I would recommend to uninstall my old repo from Kodi first, then install the new repo. In my testing, I tried to install the new repo over the old one, but Kodi would never update the Best of NHK add-on version to the latest release. Only after I uninstalled the old repo first and then installed the new repo did the Best of NHK version update to the latest version. I also noticed afterwards that the add-on would not auto-update, I had to use install from repo method. Maybe that is because the github username for my new repo is different(?). I'm not a github repository expert, so don't fully understand the github workings why the add-on didn't auto-update. I'm pretty certain that any future updates will auto-update after this first manual install from the new repo.

For Kodi 17 and 18:
Attention: Support for this old version is STOPPED!!

After 3 iterations of Kodi that uses python 3 (Kodi 19, 20, 21), it's finally time to stop supporting this older version of the add-on.

Kodi 17 & 18 Repository zip file.

Kodi 17 & 18 Best of NHK add-on direct download: plugin.video.bestofnhk-1.0.54.zip

For Kodi 19 thru 21:

Kodi 19 thru 21 Repository zip file.

Kodi 19 thru 21 Best of NHK add-on direct download: plugin.video.bestofnhk-3.0.08.zip

Clarification: There is another member using "misty" as their user name. I am not them and vice versa. I just want to be sure there is no confusion.

Enjoy!! Big Grin

Changelog:

Code:
Ver. 3.0.08

Best of NHK

Fix: NHK On Demand Playlist and other On Demand enhancements

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ver. 3.0.07

Best of NHK

Fix: NHK Live Stream

Ver. 3.0.06

Best of NHK

Fix: NHK On Demand

Ver. 3.0.05

Best of NHK

Add: Programs menu in NHK On Demand

Ver. 3.0.04

Best of NHK

Fix: Live streams, Video On Demand, World News and Radio News

Ver. 3.0.03

Best of NHK

Fix: Live streams

Ver. 3.0.02

Best of NHK

Fix: Deprecation issues

Ver. 3.0.01

Best of NHK

Kodi 19.x is the minimum version for this add-on.
Best of NHK add-on is now compatible with Kodi 19

Changelog:
Code:
Support for this old version is STOPPED!!

Ver. 1.0.54

Best of NHK - 79th release

Fix: NHK Live Stream
Ver. 1.0.53

Best of NHK - 78th release

Fix: NHK On Demand

Ver. 1.0.52

Best of NHK - 77th release

Add: Programs menu in NHK On Demand

Ver. 1.0.51

Best of NHK - 76th release

Fix: Live streams, Video On Demand, World News and Radio News

Ver. 1.0.50

Best of NHK - 75th release

Fix: Live streams
Thanks for the nice addon,
You should name the streams as "16:9 HD" and "4:3 SD"

Only the streams works here

Latest videos
Videos by name
Play a random video

do not work

(Tab 4.1.1 and 13.1)

**Can you add these VOD's ? http://www.jibtv.com/programs/
great source for better programs.
@asik1: Originally both streams were 16:9, but due to NHK changing their streams once again I was able to get one 16:9 and one 4:3, both streams are SD.
As already posted, bestofnhk.tv has pulled the plug and no longer exists. I am thinking of ways to viewing more NHK videos, just have to put a plan together.
In regards to jibtv.com, they do have some good programming, but they are using encrypted brightcove streams. It probably would not be impossible to get their videos, but it's a bit beyond my scraping capabilities right now. I think there is a brightcove script around, but I'm not to sure how to implement it.
Misty, I found this NHK stream
http://nhkworld-hds-live1.hds1.fmslive.s...ve-512.f4m

Is it better than the one you use?
0.9.9 of this addon refusing to update due to "dependencies not met" error.

Love the addon and look forward to the stream working again! Thanks!
(2015-04-20, 07:12)laukarlueng Wrote: [ -> ]0.9.9 of this addon refusing to update due to "dependencies not met" error.

Love the addon and look forward to the stream working again! Thanks!

Hi, you'll need to manually install an additional script F4mProxy. Here is the download [link removed] of F4mProxy. It is a zip file, do not extract it. Install it via the install from zip file method. After that try upgrading nhk 0.9.9 again, it should install ok.
(2015-04-21, 08:14)misty01 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, you'll need to manually install an additional script F4mProxy. Here is the [dead link edited]. It is a zip file, do not extract it. Install it via the install from zip file method. After that try upgrading nhk 0.9.9 again, it should install ok.

Thanks! That worked! Cool
Cannot watch since 2 days ago...
NHK changed their video stream. Updates with new features have been released which resolve your problem.
Hi, is this addon updated for Isengard? I get a "cannot play stream" error when trying to play the NHK World live stream, and clicking Latest Shows brings up a script error.

*** EDIT: Never mind, I uninstalled and then installed it from your repo (which I didn't do before). Works fine now. *****
Great, glad you got it working.
Hey there,

just wondering if you are still checking on this app once in a while? Is there by now a possibility to get also HD Streams? Or did I maybe miss something? Would be a great add.

Thanks for the awesome app Smile
(2016-01-28, 12:59)Andulien Wrote: [ -> ]Hey there,

just wondering if you are still checking on this app once in a while? Is there by now a possibility to get also HD Streams? Or did I maybe miss something? Would be a great add.

Thanks for the awesome app Smile

Hey, glad you like the addon. HD stream is now added. Now you have a choice of SD or HD live streams.

Enjoy!
(2016-01-30, 03:11)misty01 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, glad you like the addon. HD stream is now added. Now you have a choice of SD or HD live streams.

Enjoy!

Working Great, Thanks for the Quick turnaround. I've added to more requests on your Github site. Maybe you can work them in one of these days Big Grin Keep up the great work.
Hi Misty,

Just discovered your add-on today. Great content and stream quality.
Thank you very much!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14