Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Movie or TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Frank Herbert's Dune, and Children of Dune were each done as a three-part miniseries for Sci-Fi Channel. They are listed in both theTVdb.com and theMovieDB.org.

If I scrape as a TV series, can I put these two series into a collection?

If I scrape as a Movie, what is the best way to handle the three files that make up each "movie"?

Any suggestions on the best way to do this?
I scraped them both as TV Shows. I've no idea what you mean by collection in relation to a TV Show.
If you want to see them as a movie there are plenty of tools to combine 3 files into one long one. Which tool depends on which format they are in.

Or of course you can combine them with "stacking".
Same as MilhouseVH, I have them scrapped as TV Shows (one season with the three episodes)
If I go the movie route, I know one option is MKVmerge. I used that with The Lord of the Rings. What do you mean by "stacking"? Will the files simply play in the right order if I name them correctly?

I group movies into collections to keep related titles together. I was thinking to do that with TV as well, but with the number of TV series I have compared to the number of movies, it is probably not necessary.

Right now, I am leaning towards using Media Center Master to scrape both as TV shows, and then hand-editing the NFO files to make them season 1 and season 2 of a combined series that I would call Dune Saga.