Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YoutubeChannel Addon Creator Tool!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For anyone that is interested in creating their own YouTube Channel Plugins, then i have just created a little tool that will create them for you.
All you have to do is download the fanart.jpg and icon.png that you want, copy them to the folder.
Run through the 3 simple steps and input the channel name and it will code it for you!

I also created a simple tutorial video that will explain everything a little better : YouTube Tutorial

Anyone who wants to download the tool, you can get it from here : Download

I haven't tested it out very much yet, I've tried out 2 addons, 1 on Gotham and 1 on Frodo and both of them worked fine!
(2014-06-08, 01:39)toyota12303 Wrote: [ -> ]For anyone that is interested in creating their own YouTube Channel Plugins, then i have just created a little tool that will create them for you.
All you have to do is download the fanart.jpg and icon.png that you want, copy them to the folder.
Run through the 3 simple steps and input the channel name and it will code it for you!

I also created a simple tutorial video that will explain everything a little better : YouTube Tutorial

Anyone who wants to download the tool, you can get it from here : Download

I haven't tested it out very much yet, I've tried out 2 addons, 1 on Gotham and 1 on Frodo and both of them worked fine!

Interesting addon let me try. thanks for sharing it.
I have just found a problem with the tool, currently the spacing sometimes goes a little weird and it forgets to add the spaces. I will try and upload a small fix for this in a minute.
It's just been updated and it will now add the correct amount of spaces.
Just tested it out 5 times and all 5 worked!

The links in the first post have been updated.
Sweet!
This is great, currently my youtube channels app is broken so this fills the void Big Grin
Thanks fir this..
Glad you like it! Smile

I have just created a small update for it, in this update everything is done much quicker and there is only 1 step instead of 3.
You just need to click on Converter.exe, type in the channel name and it will do the rest!
Hey toyota12303, great tool, just wondering if there is any way to create an addon that allows you to view the channels playlists and then select the videos from there, as opposed to just having all the videos together?
Kudos to toyota12303 for putting together the exe file that takes a channels name, puts it into the addon and arranges the addon folder. The actual grunt work... that is the python files which make this work were created by someone else.

@Eddage: If you really want to learn how to implement the full potential of "plugintools.py", then visit mimediacenter.info and go through the well executed tutorial. Specifically, tutorial steps 6 and 7 cover accessing a youtube playlist and playing the videos from youtube playlists. There is a download link on those tutorial pages to an addon (Spanish Disney Junior) which you should grab to examine the specific code for that functionality. Also be aware that the site I linked to is in Spanish, I just provided a google Sp to En translation link, so use Chrome to browse the site and google translator will work.

One other thing I should mention is that even though you could make an addon for youtube playlists, as far as I know, the youtube api does not return more than 25 video links. That means if a channel has a playlist which has over 25 videos, you will only ever get the first 25. Blame google's youtube api for that limitation, not the addon code. This could be the reason why the official youtube addon does not include youtube playlists function.

Hope that helps.
cool i was doing it manually every time lol, thanks i will try it
(2014-07-13, 00:57)misty01 Wrote: [ -> ]Kudos to toyota12303 for putting together the exe file that takes a channels name, puts it into the addon and arranges the addon folder. The actual grunt work... that is the python files which make this work were created by someone else.

@Eddage: If you really want to learn how to implement the full potential of "plugintools.py", then visit mimediacenter.info and go through the well executed tutorial. Specifically, tutorial steps 6 and 7 cover accessing a youtube playlist and playing the videos from youtube playlists. There is a download link on those tutorial pages to an addon (Spanish Disney Junior) which you should grab to examine the specific code for that functionality. Also be aware that the site I linked to is in Spanish, I just provided a google Sp to En translation link, so use Chrome to browse the site and google translator will work.

One other thing I should mention is that even though you could make an addon for youtube playlists, as far as I know, the youtube api does not return more than 25 video links. That means if a channel has a playlist which has over 25 videos, you will only ever get the first 25. Blame google's youtube api for that limitation, not the addon code. This could be the reason why the official youtube addon does not include youtube playlists function.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the reply misty, I'll check it out when I get some time!
Hi there,

this Plugin Creator for YouTube is absolutly great.
I have two questions to this.
Is it possible to modify the plugin, to watch YouTube playlists randomly from my account?
And second, after starting the plugin in Kodi, is it possible that the random play starts imidiately, without showing the playlists?

Because I wanted to start a kind of a special music television as in the old days, when only music videos where played. ;-)

My blog: www.electrozombies.com
Hi, brilliant plugin creator this. Just one thing though. Maybe I am doing something wrong. When the created add-on itself is highlighted (among the list of add ons) I get to see the fanart . However the fanart.jpg I have uploaded seems to get overridden when I bring up the youtube playlist. This is using Kodi 14.0 and the skin is Titan Mediabrowser (classic).

I wondered if it was something I was doing, maybe in the settings. However this doesn't happen with other video addons I have installed. Any ideas? Big Grin

Edited to add: It seems like the issue I have is not with the add-on at all, I ve obviously loused stuff up a bit in the settings. I ll figure it out Smile
good addon
Hello I wanted to Youtube Channel Addon Creator Tool test times but unfortunately he is no longer there is a new version, and if so where. Would like to create an addon of my Youtube channel lists is that possible?
this is great - i used it a lot - are you planning to update it as it no longer works due to changes with youtube or its api thanks
Pages: 1 2