Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: external player active, click ok when playback has ended
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

This is my first post, and I by now have done about 4 hours of googleing and reading posts/answers. Can we confirm that on the latest android build porting to third party 'players' such as avia, y2cast and all cast works as expected, given the right XML? I am using an android tablet to stream mkv and mp4 files from a Synology NAS onto chromecast. These third party apps seem fine outside of XBMC.
Thanks for looking

Ingo
I had the same problem with my jesurun DX05. I installed mx player from google play but you need to know which video coed works best with your chipset. I use gotham 13.1 rc1. After the player updated and I did a reboot it stopped giving me that message. I am new to this.
Hi, thanks for the reply. MX is a really nice player, but it does not support chrome cast -- and that is what I set out to do. Will install now anyway, to see if XBMC manages to start this. Will report back. Who implemented the playercorefactory/external player code? Would be good to get some reply from the Team.
Does not work with MX either. Sad
Impressive. No answers. No help. No comments. For someone 'new'. Stop coding. Start helping....
The fact is that you're not supposed to need external players, it's a legacy hack from back in the days when it actually made sense from time to time. Today it's only used by placeboists who think MPC-HC on Windows with every possible filter available on Earth is the only way to watch an SD quality TV show.

Instead of complaining, explain your original problem (why do you need MX player)?
Thanks.

I am complaining because nobody even bothers to try and help. Just out of interest, what is an placeboist?

Running XMBC on my tablets and phones to access a media server (or whatever is is called; all my films, picturs and music on a Synology disk drive). This works mostly fine when doing it directly (large (20gb), 1080p media seems to lag after some time, which is strange given that my WiFi does 50-60 Mbps). I enjoy the interface, I enjoy the functionality, my wife enjoys that 'it just works'.

As there is no native support for chomecast and I would like to avoid building an HTPC equivalent for each of my TVs, I need to somehow connect tablet running XBMC and chromecast. Hence external player. If you read carefully the above thread you will see that MX was suggested to "try" to see if I can get any other external player to work. Which I cannot. So I ask "who coded this functionality, please help.'

Rgds

So my post on the main form is suddenly removed without any explanation?
If you're looking to use a Chromecast, maybe XBMC isn't the best option? Just play the media directly in MX player or any other Chromecast-supporting app.
This thread is a manifestation of why this does not work. Not impressed, shoddy code bundled with internet egos. Just the fact that the community gives you donations and you arbitrarily remove posts from the forum illustrates lack of professionalism and pride in what you do. Looks bad. Better delete this post along with thread as well quickly.
Code that doesn't do a very specific use case that you want it to, doesn't automatically become "shoddy". XBMC's faults are few and far between and what it does, it does very well.

Chromecast casting support is largely unnecessary in XBMC, because in the vast majority of cases the XBMC device is already hooked up to the TV. External player support for network files is a fairly well-documented issue in the forums, and there are workarounds but they are kludgey and complex. However, there does seem to be the possibility of using a middleman UPnP app (particularly BubbleUPnP) to bridge XBMC to Chromecast. I have no experience in doing it but I've read many success stories indicating that it is fairly straightforward.
@ingo.k You know what? If I ever had the idea of coding chromecast support out of boredom (because chromecast as such is just a piece of junk), your attitude makes sure it will NEVER happen.

All the decent users who wanted this feature can thank you now.
Just buy an Upnp-enabled TV or hook an rpi.
Hi, I am on an Android box RK3188. I have had so many problems with all of them. Today, I try to watch a movie, and it tells me that some External Player is Active and that once playback has ended that I need to click okay. The problem is I have no idea what I may have done to cause this issue I want to click and watch like usual but cannot. Is there a way to change the settings so that it doesn't think that there is an External Player. Cause there isn't. I just use the Android TV box with a regular flat screen TV. I am also on Gotham. My next issue is that some very loved add ons do not work. I have run every update. I'm thinking that these very popular add-ons don't work because my box, or version of XBMC is stull using the old py. Could this be the case and how do I fix that as well?
Please please please....I m very new to all of this...I download the Mx player and now nothing is working...I just buy a Droidplayer...And i download the mx from the playstore...The message External Player active -Click ok when playback has ended comes up all the time..I remove mx player but still happening the shame...If anybody has any solution to my problem i would be greatfull...Thanks a lot.....
The solution is to not use an external player for normal video files. If your device needs an external player because Kodi's internal player can't playback the video correctly, then consider your box to be unsupported.
@michelle3777 you should probably start by upgrading to the latest version of Kodi, Gotham is ancient and totally unsupported these days.