Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can't add TV Shows to XMBC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to add TV Show in my XMBC, but in vain. Here's the location path. Is it set correctly?

When I go in TV Shows menu, it's empty

However if I click Videos, files, tv shows, the vikings, files are visible and I'm able to play them. But they look ugly & doesn't have any artwork

This is the scrapper I set:

So, what I'm doing wrong?
Hi Nocturna,

2 questions:

Have you set the directory for the scraper? (I can't tell from the screenshot, but the scraper needs to know where the files are - make sure it points at your TV Shows folder.)

And have you run a library update? Should be available from the context or sidebar menu in the XBMC TV Shows view.

Jon
(2014-06-08, 20:22)astronut Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Nocturna,

2 questions:

Have you set the directory for the scraper? (I can't tell from the screenshot, but the scraper needs to know where the files are - make sure it points at your TV Shows folder.)

And have you run a library update? Should be available from the context or sidebar menu in the XBMC TV Shows view.

Jon

Hi,

answer for the 2nd question, yes I ran update library in the sidebar. About first question... I think I did, but I'm not quite sure. Do you mean this?

Clicked on TV shows in videos & "edit source" then comes this window, I click ok, then choose scrapper window & I choose that one for tvshows.
It all looks correct!

I note that your screenshot of the "TV shows" section is the main menu and recent episodes. I assume there's nothing if you actually enter the section?

I think the scraper is having difficulty identifying which Vikings series it is (there are at least 2 and several more with Vikings in the name).

Two suggestions:

You have the directory as "The Vikings" and the episodes as "Vikings". From what I can see the episode title is correct, but it may be trying to search based on the directory name - try renaming the folder "Vikings" and see what happens (this was enough to confuse the Media Companion app I mention below - the rename worked).

Alternatively, you can prod it by creating a stub .nfo file. Go to thetvdb.com and locate the correct series - then follow the instructions at the bottom of http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=NFO_files/TV_shows (section 2), putting the page url in the file as indicated.

This should prod it into checking the correct section.

If it doesn't, I'm lost!

Incidentally, I've got into the habit of using a media manager tool (Media Companion specifically but there are several others), which allows me to search for series, then edit nfo files and download the artwork before XBMC ever sees it. It takes a little longer, but it's much more controllable Smile

Jon
(2014-06-08, 21:24)astronut Wrote: [ -> ]It all looks correct!

I note that your screenshot of the "TV shows" section is the main menu and recent episodes. I assume there's nothing if you actually enter the section?

I think the scraper is having difficulty identifying which Vikings series it is (there are at least 2 and several more with Vikings in the name).

Two suggestions:

You have the directory as "The Vikings" and the episodes as "Vikings". From what I can see the episode title is correct, but it may be trying to search based on the directory name - try renaming the folder "Vikings" and see what happens (this was enough to confuse the Media Companion app I mention below - the rename worked).

Alternatively, you can prod it by creating a stub .nfo file. Go to thetvdb.com and locate the correct series - then follow the instructions at the bottom of http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=NFO_files/TV_shows (section 2), putting the page url in the file as indicated.

This should prod it into checking the correct section.

If it doesn't, I'm lost!

Incidentally, I've got into the habit of using a media manager tool (Media Companion specifically but there are several others), which allows me to search for series, then edit nfo files and download the artwork before XBMC ever sees it. It takes a little longer, but it's much more controllable Smile

Jon

Oh yes, you're genius mate! You just solved my problem Big Grin Thx so much! Love
Always ensure that your folder names match The TVDB - http://thetvdb.com/

You will have little to no issues with scraping if you do that and no need for 3rd party scrapers.